1440p or 21:9

f5alcon

Due to some changes with my job I will be working from home 20+ hours a week instead of 5. At work I have two 23" 1080p monitors at home I have one 24". I want to maximize my work experience but don't have room for dual monitors with a centered and side monitor and bezels in the middle is too annoying. I have a GTX 970 and would also be gaming on the same screen, not while working,lol. 1440p pushes that card and gsync might be work spending money on a predator or swift. The blurriness of playing below native resolution bothers me more than low fps and screen tearing except at sub 25fps. A 21:9 2560X1080 is less pixels to push than 1440p, would allow a bit more side by side working but less overall pixels displayed. 3440X1440 would be great but my card can't handle that for gaming without big settings reductions. I could game with black bars on the sides at 2560X1440 and hope it doesn't bother me. 

Is 1440p or 21:9 better for general productivity use?

give ultrawide a try, youll probably love it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Due to some changes with my job I will be working from home 20+ hours a week instead of 5. At work I have two 23" 1080p monitors at home I have one 24". I want to maximize my work experience but don't have room for dual monitors with a centered and side monitor and bezels in the middle is too annoying. I have a GTX 970 and would also be gaming on the same screen, not while working,lol. 1440p pushes that card and gsync might be work spending money on a predator or swift. The blurriness of playing below native resolution bothers me more than low fps and screen tearing except at sub 25fps. A 21:9 2560X1080 is less pixels to push than 1440p, would allow a bit more side by side working but less overall pixels displayed. 3440X1440 would be great but my card can't handle that for gaming without big settings reductions. I could game with black bars on the sides at 2560X1440 and hope it doesn't bother me. 

Is 1440p or 21:9 better for general productivity use?

21:9 for what you are doing.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.