AMP: Schiit vs Bravo vs Others under 200$

Hi,

my stuff:

headphone : audiotechnica m50x

DAC: audioengine d1

I want a amp for my setup for less than 200$. What I should buy?

Presently after some research I think about Bravo ocean or Schiit Magni 2 (with a preference for the last one).

Thank you for your help!

audio engine d1 is already way more than enough for M50x, unnecessary even. I'd say if you have $200, you could just get a better headphone

Buying an amp for the M50x is so much of a waste as to be laughable.

I still want a amp, I bought the m50x, because I always transport them.

What is your recommendation for the amp (under 200$)? and headphone (under 200$).

I still want a amp, I bought the m50x, because I always transport them.

What is your recommendation for the amp (under 200$)? and headphone (under 200$).

Just buy a amazing $400 headset at that point new amp is pointless you already have a good one.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

For the moment, I want to buy only an amp, because I can't afford for now a new pair of headphone. I will probably buy a new pair next year. 

I tried my setup with a Bravo v3 and I heard a better quality sound. It's the reason why I want a AMP: I want a little more quality without spend 400$ for a new headset.

I know that my audioengine d1 is way more competent than my headphone, but I bought it at discount thinking that I will change my headphone next year. So I decided to buy directly a better one Instead of buy a cheap one, wait and buy a better one...

So what is the best AMP under 200$? and if you have recommendation of a headset of 400$, what it's?

Thank you  :)

For the moment, I want to buy only an amp, because I can't afford for now a new pair of headphone. I will probably buy a new pair next year. 

I tried my setup with a Bravo v3 and I heard a better quality sound. It's the reason why I want a AMP: I want a little more quality without spend 400$ for a new headset.

I know that my audioengine d1 is way more competent than my headphone, but I bought it at discount thinking that I will change my headphone next year. So I decided to buy directly a better one Instead of buy a cheap one, wait and buy a better one...

So what is the best AMP under 200$? and if you have recommendation of a headset of 400$, what it's?

Thank you  :)

describe how it was better

describe how it was better

The sound was warmer. 

Just buy a amazing $400 headset at that point new amp is pointless you already have a good one.

IMO, if you're gonna buy expensive high impedance headphones, you should buy an amp at the same time. my HD650s sound like HD558s without an amp.

The sound was warmer. 

I just checked and audioengine d1 has 10 ohm output impedance, which is objectively terrible. Honestly if you have $400 to burn, you could just grab hifiman HE-400i which will sound way better than whatever you want to tinker with m50x

IMO, if you're gonna buy expensive high impedance headphones, you should buy an amp at the same time. my HD650s sound like HD558s without an amp.

And therefore your individual and possibly placebo-riddled experience should be extended to every vaguely similar situation.

Do I even need to explain for the 100th time that price and impedance have nothing to do with a headphone needing a specific type or quality of source? Lemme know.

The sound was warmer.

So use EQ, or buy a record player.

The sound was warmer. 

If that's the case, then it's not objectively better. Rather, 'better suited to your taste' would be a more technically correct term.

In that case, pick whichever one gives you the sound you like the most. That's the hard part. You can't really know which one you'd like the most without actually try to listen to it.