Looking for a 4" "Flagship" Phone

CyberHusky88

I am in the US on T-Mobile, so almost all unlocked phones will work. I do require LTE since I plan on using it as a temporary ISP replacement since I'm moving soon. I don't want to spend more than $400 on the phone if possible.

Right now I'm using a Samsung Glalaxy S4, and it's just too big for me, and I don't use the screen real estate. I'm worried at this point that my next phone will have to be the One Plus.* or Zenfone 2, because they are 5.5" phones, but they are the best bang for the buck right now.

no such thing as 4" flagship anymore

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

S5/S6 mini, Z3/Z4 compact, iPhone 5/5C/5S/6?

Z3 Compact is the smallest flagship and it's really good.

WAxCau6.png

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I am in the US on T-Mobile, so almost all unlocked phones will work. I do require LTE since I plan on using it as a temporary ISP replacement since I'm moving soon. I don't want to spend more than $400 on the phone if possible..

For explicitly 4", the best you'll get is the iPhone 5S. However if you can go a bit bigger there's the Z3 Compact and Galaxy Alpha

iPhone 5/S, Galaxy Alpha and Z3 Compact, in comparison with Nexus 5 (similar size to S4)

maxresdefault.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Well... The only thing that comes to my mind now is something like an iPhone 5S. It's still a great phone even today. Unfortunatelly no 4" Android flagships now. Even the value ones are 4,5" at least. 

S5/S6 mini, Z3/Z4 compact, iPhone 5/5C/5S/6?

S6 Mini and Z4 Compact don't exist, and none of Samsung's "mini" devices are what I'd call flagship

"Rawr XD"

How about HTC's One 'mini' variants? Or consider something like the Moto X 2014, which isnt that large.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

How about HTC's One 'mini' variants?

they are disgusting, not even getting lollipop. battery life is crap, snapdragon 400, price like Z3 Compact.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How about HTC's One 'mini' variants? Or consider something like the Moto X 2014, which isnt that large.

HTC's mini variants, along with Samsung's mini variants, are far from being flagship-class in terms of performance. And Moto X 2014 is larger then the S4.

"Rawr XD"

Heyyo,

The best small flagship phone you can do is the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact or the iPhone 5S... the rest don't come close to "flagship".

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Like basically everybody else here, I'd suggest either an iPhone 5s, or a Xperia Z3 Compact. Both great phones. Just depends if you prefer android or iOS.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Like basically everybody else here, I'd suggest either an iPhone 5s, or a Xperia Z3 Compact. Both great phones. Just depends if you prefer android or iOS.

Also if you like the double battery life z3c has. That is mostly why I would go for z3c, that thing just doesn't die.

Spoiler

Also if you like the double battery life z3c has. That is mostly why I would go for z3c, that thing just doesn't die.

Yeah, the iPhone has pretty poor battery. I hardly get through a day of "a little over average" usage without charging it. Though it's standby time is significantly higher than all its android competitor's.

But on the other hand you have got TouchID and your apple keychain thingy which are pretty neat to have.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Yeah, the iPhone has pretty poor battery. I hardly get through a day of "a little over average" usage without charging it. Though it's standby time is significantly higher than all its android competitor's.

I have seen people on xda pull 3-4 days with z3c so I would say it has pretty good stand-by.  :lol:  :lol:

I can get by 3 days on my lg g2 if I use it very little. 2 days every charge though.

Spoiler

I have seen people on xda pull 3-4 days with z3c so I would say it has pretty good stand-by.  :lol:  :lol:

Cause STAMINA mode is op

"Rawr XD"

Cause STAMINA mode is op

that is without stamina mode

Spoiler

that is without stamina mode

A friend of mine has the regular Z3 and can't get 2 days on it without standby with "normal" usage sooo

"Rawr XD"

A friend of mine has the regular Z3 and can't get 2 days on it without standby with "normal" usage sooo

It might depend on how much is the phone used, and how abused the battery is already. My Z1 barely lasts 8 hours with my use (normal or more than normal) with Stamina mode enabled, but that is because the battery is already quite old, and used up. Plus it has to be on nearly maximum brightness all the time so that the screen is at least visible.

I guess it varies form person to person how much they use their phone, and how.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

impossible, what is his screen on time?

Spoiler

impossible, what is his screen on time?

Around 7 hours. Which is fantastic considering other competing devices, but not as good as reviewers are claiming to get on the Z3.

"Rawr XD"

Around 7 hours. Which is fantastic considering other competing devices, but not as good as reviewers are claiming to get on the Z3.

7hours is about as reviewers are claiming, you have to remember they do tests from 100 to 0 without any stand by at all and the phone gets 10-11hrs then.

Spoiler