Good gaming headset < 100 euro.

DotoreN

I recently own a Plenetronics Gamescom 780 but i'm up for a new headset with a budget of around 100 euro.

Things I'm looking for:

- Wired

- Good microphone (important as I use it daily)

- Good quality sound (Idc about surround sound 7.1 blabla)

- Comfortable

- I want to hear myself talking and surroundings, so not isolated

Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

HyperX Cloud 2 if you can find it, even the first gen Clouds are good

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

But guys, he wants to be able to hear himself AND HIS SURROUNDINGS, this fella is going to need an open headphone! 

Though I can't think of any :( 

The best you can do is watch this video: 

It's close to what you're looking for

Or, the Steelseries Siberia V2 or V3 are good choice. They have an acceptable sound and are comfy, have a decent mic...

Take care! :)

Hyper X Cloud / Pro / II or Qpad QH 90

HyperX Cloud 2 if you can find it, even the first gen Clouds are good

Is it possible to hear myself talk + typing on my keyboard with that headset?

Or, the Steelseries Siberia V2 or V3 are good choice. They have an acceptable sound and are comfy, have a decent mic...

Take care! :)

I heard to stay away from Steelseries, but if I would choose one, v2 or v3 and what's the main difference between them? 

Is it possible to hear myself talk + typing on my keyboard with that headset?

I heard to stay away from Steelseries, but if I would choose one, v2 or v3 and what's the main difference between them? 

stay away from Steelseries there pretty bad.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I heard you can't hear your surroundings, neither yourself talk or typ on the keyboard with the Hyperx headsets.

Idk, but I don't feel comfortable talking to people while I can't hear myself. How do I know when I talk too loud ? it's like a deaf guy trying to speak.

If someone can tell me this is not the case, i'll def pickup the cloud as the mic & sound is really good from what I read in reviews.

HD 518s along with a cheap amazon desk mic (pretty decent)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Many people forget that there is an open earcup alternative to the Clouds: QPAD QH-85. It's the same, but with perforated earcups, you can hear your surroundings better and as an bonus better soundstage so you get more natural sound in music as well as better audio positioning in games.

They currently go for around €90-100. 

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Hopefully quite decent choice.

Many people forget that there is an open earcup alternative to the Clouds: QPAD QH-85. It's the same, but with perforated earcups, you can hear your surroundings better and as an bonus better soundstage so you get more natural sound in music as well as better audio positioning in games.

They currently go for around €90-100. 

I rather stay under 100euro.. 

Thinking between: Siberia v2, Qpad qh-85 pro, sennheiser hd518 + modmic..

but the sennheiser modmic is actually too expensive for me, so how good isthe qpad qh-85 pro?

I heard the qpad qh-85 leaked a lot of sound, this is not an issue but I heard someone next to you can hear the song just as well as you do when listening to music... is still exeggeration or actually true?

I don't mind them hearing it a little... but if it's on the same level then i'm not going for it.

If you're in the US, the "Moov" mic on Amazon is a cheap version of the ModMic. Add a Sennheiser HD518 because it's cheap and you're golden.

Alternatively, Philips SHP9500 with a VModa BoomPro is a single-cable option.

If you're in the US, the "Moov" mic on Amazon is a cheap version of the ModMic. Add a Sennheiser HD518 because it's cheap and you're golden.

Alternatively, Philips SHP9500 with a VModa BoomPro is a single-cable option.

I'm not in the US so I guess i'll have to buy the modmic which is 50euro.. and the headset is 100euro. Is the Qpad QH-85 not a better option as it's cheaper?

I rather stay under 100euro.. 

Thinking between: Siberia v2, Qpad qh-85 pro, sennheiser hd518 + modmic..

but the sennheiser modmic is actually too expensive for me, so how good isthe qpad qh-85 pro?

I heard the qpad qh-85 leaked a lot of sound, this is not an issue but I heard someone next to you can hear the song just as well as you do when listening to music... is still exeggeration or actually true?

I don't mind them hearing it a little... but if it's on the same level then i'm not going for it.

QPAD actually advertises minimal leakage on their QH-85. I have open-back headphones and the leakage isn't crazy unless you turn the volume up to 100%. I listen at 50% and people can only make out sudden loud noises.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

QPAD actually advertises minimal leakage on their QH-85. I have open-back headphones and the leakage isn't crazy unless you turn the volume up to 100%. I listen at 50% and people can only make out sudden loud noises.

Ah oke, yeah open headsets will always leak but that doesn't matter. I heard someone say that someone next to you hears it just as clear as the headset user. I have never experienced this and I doubt even an open headset will have this. 

But I guess the QH-85 is a good option for me then?

Not sure if someone on this forum is able to give me a good review of this headset, the other forums/reviews are all mixed up on this headset :P