Witcher 3

cesrai

Did anyone here play the Witcher 3 ??? if you did what are you thoughts and your experience so far ?? what do you think about the game is it good or bad ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Did anyone here play the Witcher 3 ??? if you did what are you thoughts and your experience so far ?? what do you think about the game is it good or bad ??

Elder scrolls quest system with a darker storyline, and a combat system that doesn't look like a 3rd grader windmilling it's arms and hoping you walk in.

I haven't played it, but it looks to be another generic RPG to me.

If you like Witcher 2, you will like W3.. i guess.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I've spent 46hrs and I've only done side quest and touched the main quest a little . Best Side Quest in an RPG.

In Fact probably the Best RPG I've played.

If you like Dark Fantasy, BUY THIS GAME.

If you like Hunting Monsters , BUY THIS GAME.

If you like Side quest thats actually good , unique , interesting and tells you more about the World and its Lore. BUY THE GAME.

The main quest is really good.

With your PC though ,http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-benchmarked-the-new-crysis-1706485415, High is the best you can have if you want close to 60FPS at 1080P.

The main quest is really good.

With your PC though ,http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-benchmarked-the-new-crysis-1706485415, High is the best you can have if you want close to 60FPS at 1080P.

Switch off hairworks. I run a single 980 setup, and have minimal problems maintaining 40+ fps at ultra.(little bit of texture pop about once an hour or so) Eminently playable.

Elder scrolls quest system with a darker storyline, and a combat system that doesn't look like a 3rd grader windmilling it's arms and hoping you walk in.

Please don't insult the Witcher , Elder Scrolls if full of Generic caves , at least in the Witcher the Caves are more unique . Some have Boss Characters with their own mini-backstory.

The Side quest in the Witcher 3 is so much better than Elderscrolls , I've never spent 40+hrs in an RPG and I'm still level 15. (Level 50 is MAX Level) Haven't Finished even the First act of the Main quest.

Side Quest in the Witcher have a Purpose , the monster you are hunting is there for a reason , he/she/it has its own backstory , how it came to be , for example , you cannot kill wraiths in the Witcher , you must find ways to drive them away or appease their soul. To do that you need to investigate and find out what happened /caused the person to become a wraith.

The Side quest are also not about telling you , hey you want to be the bad guy , pick this option , grow devil horns , morality points/karma BS.

None of that , You make the choice you want , some quest have only dark endings and you pick your poison. Some Quests have good endings depending on how you play it.

I don't think so, my friend has been phrasing that game like crazy and he is very very picky about games.

If you like Witcher 2, you will like W3.. i guess.

I do.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Switch off hairworks. I run a single 980 setup, and have minimal problems maintaining 40+ fps at ultra.(little bit of texture pop about once an hour or so) Eminently playable.

The texture pop in is the only gripe I have with the game , its a technical issue , I'm not sure if I'm the only one facing the LOD Bug where faces take 3sec to load in on a GTX  980 2way SLI Setup.

Please don't insult the Witcher , Elder Scrolls if full of Generic caves , at least in the Witcher the Caves are more unique . Some have Boss Characters with their own mini-backstory.

The Side quest in the Witcher 3 is so much better than Elderscrolls , I've never spent 40+hrs in an RPG and I'm still level 15. (Level 50 is MAX Level) Haven't Finished even the First act of the Main quest.

Side Quest in the Witcher have a Purpose , the monster you are hunting is there for a reason , he/she/it has its own backstory , how it came to be , for example , you cannot kill wraiths in the Witcher , you must find ways to drive them away or appease their soul. To do that you need to investigate and find out what happened /caused the person to become a wraith.

The Side quest are also not about telling you , hey you want to be the bad guy , pick this option , grow devil horns , morality points/karma BS.

None of that , You make the choice you want , some quest have only dark endings and you pick your poison. Some Quests have good endings depending on how you play it.

My apologies. I was more focused on the flow of the quest system. One thing elder scrolls/witcher does very well is pulling you out of the main story by providing you with options, You barely even notice an hour later that you've done three quests you didn't intend to do.

1 day and ~20H played according to the game itself.

Needless to say I like this game.

That isn't to say that there aren't issues, the game has bugs, lots and lots of bugs, and I am not talking about endregas or beehives you can use as traps.

Camera, texture, hit registering bugs, you name it, I have probably seen it. They are not too common, but you will find them if you really start to put hours into this game like me.

Also the inventory system annoys me, auto sorting can't be turned off, the game will just redo your inventory every now and then, no indication for what is read and what not, not enough sorting done between item types...I could move to other aspects as well.

But it is still a great game nonetheless, if you have played TW2 through the I can guarantee that you will love this game.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

My apologies. I was more focused on the flow of the quest system. One thing elder scrolls/witcher does very well is pulling you out of the main story by providing you with options, You barely even notice an hour later that you've done three quests you didn't intend to do.

That I agree , I've played so much side quest in The Witcher 3 , In fact going on a Gwent Marathon , challenging people Yu-gi-oh style.

I just don't think the Elder Scrolls series quest are comparable to Witcher. Witcher has much more of a Narrative often giving twist to its quest . Nothing is as simple as it seems. People often lie to you etc.

Elder Scrolls is more of a Power Fantasy where you are the Hero of the World . (Dragonborn) 

Witcher , you are an outsider , a mutant , a freak , professional monster kill , wanderer. You'll never get the kind of respect from Monarchs as you would in Skyrim -Becoming Thane etc.

Kings only want to use you because they need your expertise , so do most ordinary people. That being said you have allies and friends.

If you plan to play the Witcher , I'd Say play on Hard Mode , Expect to die , You'll learn a lot and prepare for fights better. 

Witchers are only strong because they anticipate fights , use potions , bombs. Easier difficulties don't require this of you and I think it takes away from the experience.

1 day and ~20H played according to the game itself.

Needless to say I like this game.

That isn't to say that there aren't issues, the game has bugs, lots and lots of bugs, and I am not talking about endregas or beehives you can use as traps.

Camera, texture, hit registering bugs, you name it, I have probably seen it. They are not too common, but you will find them if you really start to put hours into this game like me.

Also the inventory system annoys me, auto sorting can't be turned off, the game will just redo your inventory every now and then, no indication for what is read and what not, not enough sorting done between item types...I could move to other aspects as well.

But it is still a great game nonetheless, if you have played TW2 through the I can guarantee that you will love this game.

Hopefully those issues will be modded or patched. This game and MGS V are probably going to be my Game of the Year. 

It's pretty damn good, but still has some flaws in it's system.

Alchemy was a let down to me, it requires no thought because of the charge system. When you meditate, your potions and bombs get automatically replenished if you have a certain cheap item, I think it disappears in the process, but it's easy to stock up. This may not sound like a big deal, but it feels so arbitrarily unrealistic when there's so much talk about preparation and stuff. Meanwhile alchemy is just brew everything you have diagrams for, it doesn't require any upkeep anyway.

Anyway, the writing is really good. The characters are varied and interesting, quests are fun and unpredictable. The monster designs are some of the best I've seen in a game, I'm constantly itching to see something new.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Alchemy was a let down to me, it requires no thought because of the charge system. When you meditate, your potions and bombs get automatically replenished if you have a certain cheap item, I think it disappears in the process, but it's easy to stock up. This may not sound like a big deal, but it feels so arbitrarily unrealistic when there's so much talk about preparation and stuff. Meanwhile alchemy is just brew everything you have diagrams for, it doesn't require any upkeep anyway.

Anyway, the writing is really good. The characters are varied and interesting, quests are fun and unpredictable. The monster designs are some of the best I've seen in a game, I'm constantly itching to see something new.

I try to never use potions unless I'm desperate , the Alternate Version of Quen is my Healing Potion.

That I agree , I've played so much side quest in The Witcher 3 , In fact going on a Gwent Marathon , challenging people Yu-gi-oh style.

In TW2 I did all of the sidequests, including the mini games, I actually liked the mini games. Here though... Gwen is an impressive minigame, but I just don't like it, finding opponents is tedious, and the game itself requires me to get cards, set up a deck, think. TW2 didn't require that, it was so much easier... If only the dice game was here too...

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

While I agree that alchemy is a bit weird I don't think it is that bad, I like not having to navigate the long list of EVERYTHING to find the something I was looking for, then to make each and every item.

I think that the ingredients to make potions should be spent in the process though, but that would make it difficult to make new potions, rare ingredients would be accidentally consumed.

EDIT:

TW2's system was still a little better IMO, back then a potion din't last for 30 fuking seconds... And I couldn't just gobble a dog's liver, some peppers, 3 different potions, and wash it all down with some water, whilst fighting a group of nekkers.

EDIT2:

I don't see why I can't oil my weapons in combat, i imagine that is easier that eating, just spill that shit on the blade a be done with it, I don't need to sit down for 5 minutes to do that...

Spoiler

While I agree that alchemy is a bit weird I don't think it is that bad, I like not having to navigate the long list of EVERYTHING to find the something I was looking for, then to make each and every item.

I think that the ingredients to make potions should be spent in the process though, but that would make it difficult to make new potions, rare ingredients would be accidentally consumed.

EDIT:

TW2's system was still a little better IMO, back then a potion din't last for 30 fuking seconds... And I couldn't just gobble a dog's liver, some peppers, 3 different potions, and wash it all down with some water, whilst fighting a group of nekkers.

EDIT2:

I don't see why I can't oil my weapons in combat, i imagine that is easier that eating, just spill that shit on the blade a be done with it, I don't need to sit down for 5 minutes to do that...

I'm not sure what difficulty you play on but I play on Hard , I like to use my stuff extremely sparingly even though I have tons of 'gold' and potions+bombs.

Makes them game more fun.

I also find Quen alternate form to be quite OP when I use it , Only Wraiths+Heavy Impact attacks. can break it prematurely.

You are so wrong there buddy.  Generic RPGs have boring as shit side quests that don't mean anything.  The Witcher 3 is the most unique and alive RPG I have ever played, and I have played damn near everything.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

How are you guys making Gold? I am finding it really hard to make any cash.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I'm not sure what difficulty you play on but I play on Hard , I like to use my stuff extremely sparingly even though I have tons of 'gold' and potions+bombs.

Makes them game more fun.

I also find Quen alternate form to be quite OP when I use it , Only Wraiths+Heavy Impact attacks. can break it prematurely.

I was playing on normal, then got sick of not being good enough to time my counters, and being locked in stagger and over all not being good at the game. Wraiths just ignore all my attempts at stunning or blocking. I haven't tried alt quen yet.

Just switched back to normal as I unlocked pretty much everything I need to live from the skills. Aard alternative is too easy to spam, uses less stamina than the normal one, has 2 times the range, in all directions.

Igni is also pretty good, the alternative causes way more damage for some reason. I also have over 120% sing intensity thanks to mutagens, that was lvl 14 or 15.

Beyond that I used common food and the like allot, potions not so much, only at the last moment mostly. Bombs I am scared of, the enemies that they do work on often get too close too fast, or are easy enough without them.

I wish I was good enough to play on hard, but I just can't, or couldn't, not with my initial gear...

Spoiler

How are you guys making Gold? I am finding it really hard to make any cash.

Contracts, looting, selling. What level are you, and do you often buy things?

The reason for me having 10000+ gold at lvl 15 is that I don't usually buy anything, or drop anything I can sell.

Spoiler

I got it for free but I don't have anytime to play it. :(. Hopefully I can play it soon. It looks good and has 9.3/10 on Ign and another sites.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You need a controller for it. Mouse movement is strange for me.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.