No Display output on SUPERMICRO X8DTT-F-SG007 REV 2.00

Hello everyone

A few weeks ago i just bought a SUPERMICRO X8DTT-F-SG007 REV 2.00 and two xeon x5650.

After modding a psu to even power it on it now doesnt output anything on the display.

I already checked all jumpers and i also changed the

battery on it also tryed it w/ two different monitors :/

I have no idea what the problem could be

~snip~

I am pretty sure that those Xeon's do not have integrated graphics. Do you happen to have a spare graphics card laying around?

I am pretty sure that those Xeon's do not have integrated graphics. Do you happen to have a spare graphics card laying around?

yea already tryed this as well but i think the mb should have an integrated gpu on it

any idea what i could try next?

• 3 months later...

yea already tryed this as well but i think the mb should have an integrated gpu on it

any idea what i could try next?

Do you resolve this problem? I have the same problem

• 2 months later...

Do you resolve this problem? I have the same problem

No, i tryed to use a e5504 to make sure its not the x5650 that causes the problem but i still wont work :/ whats about u? could you fix it? 

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I have already made sure the VGA jumper cable is turned on.

I got two of these in a single 1u rack enclosure off ebay. I bought a pair of Xeon E5540's because they were pretty cheap. The E5540's worked in the motherboard that I put them in. 

A pair of more powerful processors labeled "Match pair 2 Intel Xeon E5640 2.66GHz 12MB 5.86GT/s LGA1366 SLBVC Processor" did not work in the motherboard that I put them in. I have not switched the processors and motherboards to see if it is a malfunctioning motherboard (I'm low on thermal paste). I'm going to order some more paste and another pair of the cheaper processors.

But my guess is that the nicer processors are not compatible with these motherboard ( even though the motherboard spec seems to imply that they are ) or that the nicer ones don't have video or need a video card or something. I expected that if the processors were not compatible, then the board would blink or beep at me (I did put a buzzer on the motherboards). 

Anyway, they take home from this is maybe try a pair of Xeon E5540's

EDIT!

For me the issue turned out to be a tiny dab of thermal paste on the underside of the CPU#2 blocking the contacts. 

The thing that made this so hard to figure out was that the motherboard did not seem to be throwing any errors.

• 2 months later...

So this thread seems to be old and dead... but I decided to get the same-ish board... not sure exact revision. I have the Xeon e5540 in there and ECC RAM. Modded my PSU and seems to be good. I can power it on and the power LED near CPU slot 1 stays constant so looking good there.

I do not get an signal, and I made sure the jumpers have the VGA enabled... at the very least I should be getting some kind of splash screen when it is booting? or even just some text as it scans the hardware?

I get no beeps and I hooked up a speaker. No other lights on the board are turning on. I know that it is "powering on" because when I press the power button the CPU fans crank on and my front panel Power LED turns on.

Any ideas? Please help!

Come hang out with me on Twitch:

https://twitch.tv/DarthChowder

Join my Discord:

https://discord.gg/uQch9d3uRC