gigabyte OC

Go to solution Solved by Jumper118,

i did change the multiplier to 10 and added an 0.5

gave the cpu a host frequency of 343mhz so now its running at 3.6ghz temps now are 52 max with a 1.3v cpu vcore so can i go any higher

but i wanna know how much can i change the pci-e frequency but no to kill the 9600gt thats inastalled in it should i leave it to 100 and oc from the os or change it to more than 100

changed the graphics booster to turbo

changed the dram to extreme

but i wanna know how much can i change the system memory multiplier spd should i make it 2.0a or 2.5a or 3.a

changed the timing to 5/5/5/15 thats the lowest i can go

didnt change the advanced timing like trrd/twtr/twr/trfc/trtp/command rate cmd/channel a/b timing/driving settings so should i change them as well or leave them to auto

cpu termination still at 1.2v should i change it

cpu reference is still at 0.805v should i change it

dram voltage is still at 1.8v should i change it 

you can go up to 2.1-2.2v on the dram voltage if you can get highers speeds at that. you can go upto 1.4v on the cpu vcore as long as its says under 80c. leave the pcie at 100mhz as it will no make a difference overclocking it. you should be able to get the cpu host to around 400.

my friend wants to oc his pc and when he asked me to help him i found the bios oc panel so confusing.

pics that i uploaded are from the oc panel i know this is the one where i can oc the cpu, gpu, and ram etc but how and to what extent coz i dont want to kill anything 

and can he use oc on a regular daily bases 

his specs are

intel core 2 due e7400 lga 775 2.8ghz 2 cores 3mb l2 cache 64bit

gigabyte g41m-es2l 

2x2gb kingston ddr2 800mhz 1.80v dual channel cl 6

nvidia geforece 9600gt ecs elite group 2gb 

on board audio

wifi card

seagate 1tb sata2 hdd storage

wd blue 500gb sata2 hdd os

500w psu 

dvd writer sata2

i wanna also know what can i oc in this build and how
thanks a lot

post-190719-0-08441400-1432455960_thumb.

post-190719-0-20901500-1432456005_thumb.

OC'ing CPUs is usually a tad more complicated than with gpus, and also bears more risk. my advice would be to find a tutorial here or on other trusted forums, or on youtube.

Consider that higher voltage will allow higher clocks, but also higher temps, so you need to make sure his cooler can handle it. also, you will need to adjust NB frequencies, not to mention RAM Timings. I run an AMD CPU, so im not sure, but i think intel has also locked direct access to cpu clocks, so you will need to change clocks using the multiplier only. also keep in mind that RAM timings will depend on the brand of the ram and the base clock of the ram (Example: 1600/1800MHz RAM usually has base timings of 9-9-9-24, and these will scale as you change cpu clocks. other ram with different clocks and timings might require different ram timings both as a base as well as different scaling when you OC).

These might be of use: 

CHEERS

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme" 

OC'ing CPUs is usually a tad more complicated than with gpus, and also bears more risk. my advice would be to find a tutorial here or on other trusted forums, or on youtube.

Consider that higher voltage will allow higher clocks, but also higher temps, so you need to make sure his cooler can handle it. also, you will need to adjust NB frequencies, not to mention RAM Timings. I run an AMD CPU, so im not sure, but i think intel has also locked direct access to cpu clocks, so you will need to change clocks using the multiplier only. also keep in mind that RAM timings will depend on the brand of the ram and the base clock of the ram (Example: 1600/1800MHz RAM usually has base timings of 9-9-9-24, and these will scale as you change cpu clocks. other ram with different clocks and timings might require different ram timings both as a base as well as different scaling when you OC).

These might be of use: 

CHEERS

thanks a lot i wanna know how high can i change the PCI-E frequency before the GPU get burned

how high can i expect to oc the cpu

and how fast can i expect to oc

and what else needs to get more electricity to be faster

im kinda new to oc 

thanks

gave the cpu a host frequency of 343mhz so now its running at 3.6ghz temps now are 52 max with a 1.3v cpu vcore so can i go any higher

but i wanna know how much can i change the pci-e frequency but no to kill the 9600gt thats inastalled in it should i leave it to 100 and oc from the os or change it to more than 100

but i wanna know how much can i change the system memory multiplier spd should i make it 2.0a or 2.5a or 3.a

didnt change the advanced timing like trrd/twtr/twr/trfc/trtp/command rate cmd/channel a/b timing/driving settings so should i change them as well or leave them to auto

i'm honestly not an expert in cpu OC, particulary that one, but what i can tell you is this. If you CAN act on the base frequency, leave the normal multiplier and OC the clocks through the base frequency, its much better (guess the intel duo was before they locked base clock).
And DO NOT change the pci-e frequency. GPU overclock is very different and is done within windows.

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme" 

you can go up to 2.1-2.2v on the dram voltage if you can get highers speeds at that. you can go upto 1.4v on the cpu vcore as long as its says under 80c. leave the pcie at 100mhz as it will no make a difference overclocking it. you should be able to get the cpu host to around 400.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

what about the system memory multiplier spd should I leave it at auto or change it I have only 3 options 2.0a 2.5a 3.0a

and what about the cpu termination and cpu reference should I leave as they are 1.2v and 0.805v respectively or change them

and ram gets about 5/5/5/15 on 1.8v till even 2.0v it still stays on 5/5/5/15 but the 2.1v and 2.2v are marked with pink color while the 2.3v is marked with flashing red

I also wanna know should I leave the advanced timing control as it is auto or change it and the pcie should I leave it auto or make it 100

thanks

what about the system memory multiplier spd should I leave it at auto or change it I have only 3 options 2.0a 2.5a 3.0a

and what about the cpu termination and cpu reference should I leave as they are 1.2v and 0.805v respectively or change them

and ram gets about 5/5/5/15 on 1.8v till even 2.0v it still stays on 5/5/5/15 but the 2.1v and 2.2v are marked with pink color while the 2.3v is marked with flashing red

I also wanna know should I leave the advanced timing control as it is auto or change it and the pcie should I leave it auto or make it 100

thanks

i would leave everything as it is for not then. auto is fine for most things.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016