[US-Newegg] Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + 4GB RAM - $179

Faceman

One of the very best deals I have seen all year. Definitely thinking of buying this, hopefully someone can answer my question below.

Samsung 850 EVO + 4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM - $179

Use Promo Code: EXLASNR22 or 05244GBMEM

One day only. 5/24/15

One question I have that hopefully someone can answer:

How good is the Samsung Magician Software for cloning old drives? I currently have a Kingston V300, which has honestly done me very well for startup, shutdown, and daily tasks, despite its abysmal crystal mark scores. Still, the price and capacity of this deal is just too good to miss, so I am thinking of making the switch. How seamless is the transition to move everything from the 120GB V300 which has my OS, and C: drive to this SSD?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Even for the SSD alone that is a steal.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

One of the very best deals I have seen all year.  Definitely thinking of buying this, hopefully someone can answer my question below.

One question I have that hopefully someone can answer:

How good is the Samsung Magician Software for cloning old drives?  I currently have a Kingston V300, which has honestly done me very well for startup, shutdown, and daily tasks, despite its abysmal crystal mark scores.  Still, the price and capacity of this deal is just too good to miss, so I am thinking of making the switch.  How seamless is the transition to move everything from the 120GB V300 which has my OS, and C: drive to this SSD?

I just moved my HDD (digital black) to an 850 Evo a few hours ago. Installing it in my case was harder. You just plug in the drive, run the Migration (not Magician) software, update software, click next, next, wait 20 mins and that's about how long it took to move 50GB over. It was clean, it switched the boot priority in the BIOS automatically, and then you can install the Magician software to do "optimizing" stuff and turn on Rapid mode if you want. Migration doesn't migrate/clone the pagefile and the hibernation file.

So going from SSD to SSD should be good enough. I picked mine up on Amazon. The benefit is being able to use my Bing Rewards gift cards to reduce the price further. :P

Bought me another SSD, Yay!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

You Americans get all the good deals X_X

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

THAT IS THE WRONG PROMO CODE

the correct promo code is: 05244GBMEM

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Aw man, I wish I had an extra $180 USD right now, but I'll have to wait until an offer like this happens again... or until NVMe SSDs drop in price ;)

Does the 850 EVO us the same algorithm as the 850 Pro, or...

Does the 850 EVO have the same bullshit algorithm as ALL the other EVO ssds? The one that makes the drive unusable and keeps getting "fixed" by Samsung but then it turns out the "fix" is only temporary?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

What is the RAM? I can't get the promo code to work.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

Meanwhile, it costs ~$270 here :(

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.