The 1000th post about Which GTX 970 :]

Bullet4Justice

Hello guys, actually this is the 3rd time that i post a discussion about GTX 970, What the problem is please dont respond 

and say "Buy this or that because it looks bad ass" or some other useless replys like it

what i simply want Which GTX 970 fits my specs and has a nice performance... 

My specs are:

CPU : Intel Core i5-4430 Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.0 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1150 - BX80646I54430

GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 

PSU: COOLMAX RM-850B 850W

p.s: i don't mind changing my PSU

Evga acx 2.0 something

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Dude, all 970s are more or less the same. Their differences are so small and negligible that you could base your decision on looks.

Do you want a backplate?

Do you plan on OCing?

Do you have any brand preference?

Evga acx 2.0 something

^ bump , i trust evga as well

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Dude, all 970s are more or less the same. Their differences are so small and negligible that you could base your decision on looks.

Do you want a backplate?

Do you plan on OCing?

I agree with this ^, some are more silent than others, some a bit smoother, but in the end they're the same.

G1 suggestions incoming 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Why do you have the whole post in the middle???

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

To be different from every other post!!! I honestly don't know...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Do you want a backplate?

Do you plan on OCing?

NO, Sure , no

Which ever is the cheapest/ the G1 gaming.

Difference is Negligible.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Do u have a problem ?! Kappa

A lot of people are suggesting the Gigabyte G1 btw, is it that reliable and worth it?, and what about the PSU should i change it?

A lot of people are suggesting the Gigabyte G1 btw, is it that reliable and worth it?, and what about the PSU should i change it?

Yeah, just go with the G1 from gigabyte - it's a good card. As for the PSU you don't need to change it, although I have personally never heard of that brand.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I can say I have the MSI gaming 970 and it hasn't let me down, handles rather decent OC's(although mine is water cooled) only this is mine has pretty bad coil whine, from what I can tell whether a card has coil whine or not is more luck than anything, just thought I'd put it in there though.

Just watch this video (Also keep track of the fps in the background)

In a nutshell, the ZOTAC 970 Extreme is the fastest, most silent and weirdest looking card. 

Yeah, just go with the G1 from gigabyte - it's a good card. As for the PSU you don't need to change it, although I have personally never heard of that brand.

Weird, so many people on my previous discussions told me that i have to change the PSU according to this:

www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Because Coolmax PSUs are on tier 5, give me your opinion

Just watch this video (Also keep track of the fps in the background)

In a nutshell, the ZOTAC 970 Extreme is the fastest, most silent and weirdest looking card. 

On this video the G1 Stands out pretty good! i might just go for it!

I got the strix 970, dont see no issues with that. 

I'd go with EVGA's 970 ACX 2.0+

Why? Warranty reasons. EVGA is widely known (I have dealt with them as well) for their excellent customer service. And the ACX 2.0+ has the default 970 output layout with three DisplayPort outputs. Which I prefer over 2x DVI, DP, HDMI.

Weird, so many people on my previous discussions told me that i have to change the PSU according to this:

www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Because Coolmax PSUs are on tier 5, give me your opinion

Yes, that's what I was saying - I've never heard of Coolmax, probably a re-brand from china or something. When getting a PSU nowadays it's a MUST to get something 80+ efficiency. Silverstone, Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT, Enermax, Thermaltake, be quiet! are just some examples of good PSU distributors.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

just get gigabyte or evga, like 5 threads of "which 970?" "280x vs 960" everyday. there should be a pinned thread on these frequent topics seriously