Macbook 12" Retina Early 2015

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://geni.us/3ZbY

The Macbook 12" Retina Early 2015 is a cryptically named ultraportable notebook. Does it #getrekt in this video, or do I got somewhat easy on it for fear of upsetting Tim Cook? Guess we'll find out!

Vessel: https://www.vessel.com/videos/V6wn6qe7I

YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOvIXsP36g

Vessel master race!

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Yay! Thanks Linus!

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Yes, Linus. Give the Macbook all of the wetness. :D

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Thanks Linus!

Watching it now.

Sig under construction.

Next Channel Super Fun:

Macbook 12" inferno?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I still maintain that as long as machines like the HP stream exist, the MacBook is stupid.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I thought this review was really spot on, great work!

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

2:40

OMG MY SIDES

2:40

OMG MY SIDES

The only way that could have been any better is if after he said it, it cut to a Vlog-style shot filmed by someone else of him at his desk e-mailing Apple asking the very same question, before cutting back to the review. (In place of "Moving on.")

I agree with everything you said. $80 for an adapter... lol. That laptop has room for 5 more USB 3.1 ports..

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I'm verry happy with this review it could of been so easy for you to rant for 15mins but Im am super glad you did it objectively still would never buy one. 

Please Linus "leave" it out in the rain.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I was completely expecting a rant... is Tim Cook really that scary?

Turbine / i5-6600K / GTX 960 100ME 

The new MacBook is just as I've been calling it.

A tablet with a keyboard and no touch screen :3 And yes, it's a product to force-test USB Type C.

vessel's being retarded, video wont load on two different systems for me

Looking for a job

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I worked (and so did the team) really hard on this one. 

Decent review Linus. A few valid points.

Particularly the one about field testing USB Type-C. This is something Apple constantly does (Thunderbolt/Lighting). We can all agree that USB Type-C is the future but the lack of peripherals at this time isn't very helpful.

For the Macbook Air. I don't see them continuing this line much longer. Just like the non-Retina MacBook and MacBook Pro it will slowly disappear.

vessel's being retarded, video wont load on two different systems for me

The experience on YouTube is still far superior than services like Vessel. All I want is a list of new videos from the people that I subscribe to, not some fancy layout with different sized videos from people that I'm not interested in. The only reason Vessel is making sense right now is the exclusives they have.

Exceptional video. Super non-biased and a pleasure to watch.

You perfectly illustrated a product whose use case is for the guy that just wants email, web browsing, and video streaming as opposed to the prosumer user.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I worked (and so did the team) really hard on this one. 

Well I have to say, that this is one of the Apple reviews where you did your home work beforehand.

I still don't see why a "power user" necessarily needs more ports? I mean it is a tiny 12" notebook ... it is meant to work on the go. Buy any cheap USB power bank and you can work on it for hours/days.

Also pointing at the $79 "breakoutbox" - there will be and are already lots of cheaper adapters/cables available and will be even more when USB Type C is getting started to get implemented in Windows notebooks.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

One of the best video reviews so far. Covered every aspect of the product without bias. Personally, I know people who own the MacBook 2015 and they are perfectly described by Linus' ending statement. Though I would have liked to see a bit more regarding the Core M processor's performance in OS X. For example, what exactly are its limits?

I would suggest that anybody who hasn't seen it in person just walk into an Apple store and hold it in their hands. I would have to say that the look and feel of the laptop is by far its best feature. The thing is a stunner. As for the lack of ports, all it needed was one regular USB port to be considered great (still not perfect). I'm the type of user who saves all his files on Dropbox/Onedrive so I rarely even use thumb drives anymore.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys