reusing IO shield?

Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

Most aren't reusable since each motherboard's I/O is different, to remove it just push it into the case and it will pop out.

I don't think he will be using a different motherboard; he wants to know if the I/O shield can be installed again once taken out.

So hello guys, Right now I have a Thermaltake V3 Black Edition case with MSI H81M-P33 motherboard. In the summer I am planning to do some kind of a case desk mod. I was just wondering, are IO shields reusable? If it is, how do I remove it?

It's held by friction more or less so removal is achieved by reversing the process.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes they are reusable.

They aren't held in by anything, just pull it out

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

So hello guys, Right now I have a Thermaltake V3 Black Edition case with MSI H81M-P33 motherboard. In the summer I am planning to do some kind of a case desk mod. I was just wondering, are IO shields reusable? If it is, how do I remove it?

Most aren't reusable since each motherboard's I/O is different, to remove it just push it into the case and it will pop out.

I don't think he will be using a different motherboard; he wants to know if the I/O shield can be installed again once taken out.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

exactly I will use the same motherboard but different case, kind of. Thank you all for your replies

exactly I will use the same motherboard but different case, kind of. Thank you all for your replies

Yes, as long as the cutout is the same size then the I/O shield is reusable. I just remove it by hitting it with the back of a screwdriver (after removing mobo)

"Rawr XD"