PC won't boot on pressing the power button

When I press the Power Button on my PC, it doesn't boot. I had to hold it for like 5 seconds before it boots but now it's getting worse. I need to unplug the PSU and plug it back in and after multiple failed attempts of holding the power button it finally turns on.  What could be the problem?

Specs:
i7 3770k
Zoatc GTX 970
Intel DZ75ML-45K
Corsair RM650

Have you tried starting the computer using the motherboard instead of the power button.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Can you try to change the psu. i would say that is the issue. I would stop using it in case it dies and kills your system.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

When I press the Power Button on my PC, it doesn't boot. I had to hold it for like 5 seconds before it boots but now it's getting worse. I need to unplug the PSU and plug it back in and after multiple failed attempts of holding the power button it finally turns on.  What could be the problem?

Specs:

i7 3770k

Zoatc GTX 970

Intel DZ75ML-45K

Corsair RM650

Did you check the power button connection to the motherboard and the cable itself (on both ends - at the motherboard and at the case)?

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Have you tried starting the computer using the motherboard instead of the power button.

From this I am getting that it stopped working not after first boot.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Its a brand new PSU and I've checked the power button cable and all seems fine . Also my motherboard does not have an on board power button.

Its a brand new PSU and I've checked the power button cable and all seems fine . Also my motherboard does not have an on board power button.

Did you hook up the power button correctly? Check with your user guide!

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Did you hook up the power button correctly? Check with your user guide!

Yes i did. I even tried shorting the pins but got the same results

Yes i did. I even tried shorting the pins but got the same results

Than the mobo might just simply be broken. You could have for example touched it without discharging yourself first (like touching a piece of metal) or it could be some factory defect. Just go to the store and get a new one (if it's still on warranty or brand new). My friends mobo broke when lightning hit a transformer (from the cities electrical grid).