BIOSTAR introduces Skylake ready GAMING Z170X4 motherboard

PlayModeOn

http://vr-zone.com/articles/biostar-introduces-skylake-ready-gaming-z170x4-motherboard/92212.html

I thought BIOSTAR is dead. Are they a good brand? I barely know anything about them. Here's the article.

Barely a week before Computex 2015, motherboard manufacturer BIOSTAR has revealed a new gaming motherboard that will be compatible with Intel 6th Gen Skylake processors.

The GAMING Z170X4 is an LGA 2011 socket motherboard with the Intel Z170 chipset. It comes with a 12 + 4 + 2 phase power design and an 8-pin power connector. It supports four DDR4 DIMM slots with maximum support memory up to 64GB. Expansion slots on the motherboard include three PCI-e 3.0 x16 and three PCI-e 3.0 x1 slots.

More details on the board will be revealed at Computex 2015 early next month, where the company will also be showing other Intel Z170, H170, and B150 chipset based motherboards with support for 6th Generation Intel Skylake processors.

Intel Skylake CPU line is expected to debut at IDF 2015 later this year, with the first processors expected to be available by end Q3 this year.

Biostar-222x300.jpg

An upsized image is in the link above.

EDIT: Erm guys stop saying there are no heatsinks on the board. They obviously removed them so we could see what's underneath. I thought that was clear, obviously they won't leave the southbridge without a heatsink or some kind of cover.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

where the hell are the heatsinks?

rip motherboard

They removed it so you could see underneath.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

The GAMING Z170X4 is an LGA 2011 socket motherboard with the Intel Z170 chipset.

Isn't the Socket for Skylake and Z170 LGA 1151...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

They are, and if they don't stick some damn VRM heatsinks on that board, they will stay that way.

The board doesn't look complete, southbridge (think that's what it is at least) has no heatsync.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

The board doesn't look complete, southbridge (think that's what it is at least) has no heatsync.

Hopefully they give it a better paint job once it's done... I thought we moved past poop colored boards?

"Rawr XD"

Wat.

Who is biostar

They make extremely cheap bad motherboards. They are some of the cheapest motherboards, but they just have just terrible quality. 

They make extremely cheap bad motherboards. They are some of the cheapest motherboards, but they just have just terrible quality.

terrible

Wait, how come I have never seen em before?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

terrible

because no one bothers to buy them 

I cant believe my Biostar TZ77B is still alive... 

Once I found out how in general they are so bad I thought for sure it would have died by now xD Guess Im just lucky. But I dont recommend this board(the one I have) in any way, its ugly and poorly designed

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

terrible

Its because nobody big reviews them because they're just boring and cheap. The only reason I found them was when I was shopping for an extremely cheap pc. They really are cheap though, with their most expensive lga1150 board at just $70, while their cheapest board costs $40.

I guess people are not familiar with how companies showcase their VRM. You'll see high end boards like this without any power delivery cooling because they want to show off the "guts" of the power delivery. It's very common among boards designed for extreme overclocking. It's even more obvious when the southbridge heatsink is missing.

They are, and if they don't stick some damn VRM heatsinks on that board and paint it a color that isn't poop, they will stay that way.

Wat.

Who is biostar

Its because nobody big reviews them because they're just boring and cheap. The only reason I found them was when I was shopping for an extremely cheap pc. They really are cheap though, with their most expensive lga1150 board at just $70, while their cheapest board costs $40.

hmm?

They are, and if they don't stick some damn VRM heatsinks on that board and paint it a color that isn't poop, they will stay that way.

Don't forget the PCH.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Erm guys stop saying there are no heatsinks on the board. They obviously removed them so we could see what's underneath. I thought that was clear, obviously they won't leave the southbridge without a heatsink or some kind of cover.

they left a preety big space for sli. looks are..ok

Umm, this is either a fake, or a really big troll. Mainly because Skylake uses LGA1151 and not LGA2011-v3... Also, Why would they leak this when Skylake is still quite a few months (and one more tock) away anyway...

Its a PR stunt to generate some interest in them

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Umm, this is either a fake, or a really big troll. Mainly because Skylake uses LGA1151 and not LGA2011-v3... Also, Why would they leak this when Skylake is still quite a few months (and one more tock) away anyway...

Its a PR stunt to generate some interest in them

Looks like an LGA 115XX socket to me. DIMMS on one side instead of both.

Although the grainly quality of the picture makes me think you could be very right.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*place piece of crispy toast here*

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Oh yeah ... I remember BioStar when they were still a choice in 2006 ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Biostar boards are pretty good for value builds, but I'm not sure about their higher end stuff....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|