5820k or 4790k build for gaming+streaming?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Hmmm if I were to get it now, would the 4790k be good enough to stream even cpu intensive games while staying over 60fps? I'm just not sure how much the extra 2 cores and 4 threads of the 5820k will help. Can't really find any benchmarks :/

yeah most games use less than 4 cores, and the ones that use 8 only use 4 of them intensely, while the other 4 are at less than 50% use

streaming will work perfectly fine on a 8 thread CPU, even better if you use H.264

I mean for just gaming and streaming you really only need the 4790k build, though it is nice to have newer technologies.

Personally I would go with the X99 Build. But thats personal preference, as I do a lot of work on my systems.

I'd go with the 5820K, but then you would be as well waiting for skylake and the 6700K then going for that.

Ethier way the 4790K is very capable at streaming too.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

4790k is more than enough for recording and streaming

Unless you are making money from it dont bother x99

Save your money and upgrade to skylake

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just go with the 5820K if $100 more isn't an issue

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

4790k is more than enough for recording and streaming

Unless you are making money from it dont bother x99

Save your money and upgrade to skylake

Im sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. What's the big deal with skylake? I keep hearing about it

Im sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. What's the big deal with skylake? I keep hearing about it

Its just the next gen of intel CPUs

looks like they will be a bit of a bigger jump forward than the other generations have been lately

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Its just the next gen of intel CPUs

looks like they will be a bit of a bigger jump forward than the other generations have been lately

Hmmm if I were to get it now, would the 4790k be good enough to stream even cpu intensive games while staying over 60fps? I'm just not sure how much the extra 2 cores and 4 threads of the 5820k will help. Can't really find any benchmarks :/

yeah most games use less than 4 cores, and the ones that use 8 only use 4 of them intensely, while the other 4 are at less than 50% use

streaming will work perfectly fine on a 8 thread CPU, even better if you use H.264

Spoiler

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

You're welcome :)

Spoiler