Asus GTX 970 Turbo

So I was browsing through graphics cards, Nvidia specifically, and I decided to look for a 970. I came across an Asus model, the GTX 970 Turbo. I found it interesting that I had not heard of it, and decided to look into it further. After looking at sites like Guru3D and videocardz.com, I saw that people were basically crapping on it. These people were blind AMD fanboys(I am an AMD fanboy, but one that has common sense) and they were dissing the memory and the plastic look and blah blah blah. I read on Asus's website about the new blower type. It is a dual intake, which means it takes in from both sides of the card, and blows out the back. It is dual bearing, and very quiet for a blower type cooler. I saw reviews(one of the very few) and they said that it never really got above 50-60 C.

THE QUESTION:

Now with that out of the way, I kept hearing this card was the "perfect SLI card" because of the type of blower it has. There was a very good illustration on some website I cannot find, about how the dual blower would make this a near perfect cool SLI system. Why have I not heard about this sooner? Why is there barely any reviews? Before anyone can say,"It was one of those temporary/limited edition cards that manufacturers make," this is still in stock on Amazon and Newegg. Why haven't there been reviews on it's SLI capability? Have any of you heard of it? Has anyone used this card in a single or SLI configuration? If so please tell me about how this worked out, because I am tempted to get one myself!

(It is also white. Yes, a white 970, with red accents. Many of you might appreciate a stock cooler for air cooled SLI systems that looks nice with the whole new White trend thing going on.)

Link to Asus's page:

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/

it just came out

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Its pretty new, so I dont think a lot of people have it yet

Most people already have a 970, and most reviewers have already reviewed lots of 970s, so this one would not be much different

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I understand the whole concept of it being a 970, but I would like to know the SLI potential. If it is as new as it seems, looks like I will be waiting. I am hoping for a decent  YouTube review of it, maybe linus, maybe someone else. Thanks for the feedback, and I also hope that this will be a popular card.

Because the ASUS model 970 cards are shit for overclocking. That's probably why.

Far as I know, blower model cards are generally better for SLI because they take the heat out of your system, whereas dual fan models do not.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

(It is also white. Yes, a white 970, with red accents. Many of you might appreciate a stock cooler for air cooled SLI systems that looks nice with the whole new White trend thing going on.)

Link to Asus's page:

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/

My opinion is that it's like a girl with no ass, supper sexy looking from the front and make you want it until you look at backside and you find a big turn off.

Check out the Asus gallery Page and you will see what I mean.

It just seems like they are talking up big game, which either means they mean business, or they are exaggerating very much. Either way I would like to see how this plays out. 

It just seems like they are talking up big game, which either means they mean business, or they are exaggerating very much. Either way I would like to see how this plays out. 

My advice: get someone elses 970. The ASUS 970's don't overclock for shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

dont have any experience with sli, but gigabyte 970 g1 gaming cards are beast overclockers. whatever brand you choose, just make sure you're getting a model with Samsung memory, b/c some have Hynix brand memory which is a shit overclocker. G1s usually have excellent chips for OC though, independently of the memory's brand.
Also, the Gigabyte card im pretty sure blows air out the long thin side anyway rather than the back, so the backplate shouldnt be a problem for a sli coniìfig.

these asus turbo seem to solve the airflow problem of most sli configs, but i wouldnt bet my money on their chip's quality without more info. However i think i read somwhere sometime ago that a lot of people solve the problem by simply removing the back plate, which shouldnt be too difficult. again though, i dont think this sli airflow problems holds for the gigabyte version b/c of the direction in which it blows air                                                                     

post-228440-0-85842200-1432467954.jpeg             as you can see, air blows round the long thin side, where the windforce logo is, so a sli config shoudnt suffer from reduced airflow

post-228440-0-25777900-1432467993_thumb.

anyhow, hope this was of some help.

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme" 

yeah they blow hot air OUT of the case. that's pretty much it.

I'm planning to get one and add an aio watercool onto the die, but leave the shroud and fan on to keep the vrm cool. With this mod the fan won't need to do much work. Card will be silent and sexy :)