I hate EK right now...

Go to solution Solved by EK Luc,

Sorry to arrive late in the discussion Reece Leu  :(

For hard tubing, the things is that Primochill uses is own true 3/8" x 1/2" which is only compatible with their Hard Tube Fittings.

EK and Bitspower uses the metric system so it's 10mm x 12mm and they are compatible at least with EK, Bitspower and E22 acrylic tubing.

I'm very sorry for the wrong info you did get.

there are two types of hardline sizes and only can use matching fittings do more research before you buy some more of them and check overlclock.net they have a thread with the brands you can use with each brand's hardline's

EK was my only option since NCIX only carries them. Two fittings from the US cost me $35+ shipping.

blackshades on

I'm sorry I would expect NCIX to have it correct but I'm also sorry I didn't know 1/2" was not EXACTLY 12.7mm. I still blame EK for making their stuff 12.1mm so that you must purchase their exact tubing and fittings.

when dealing with watercooling components measurements need to be exact

that means 12.3mm tubing will not fit in 12.1mm fittings

And 12.7mm (1/2") will definitely not fit in 12mm fittings

This is NOT EK's fault

They had 12mm hardline tubing and fittings before almost all other watercooling companies

Only very recently has 12.7mm hardline tubing become popular, so Primochill actually made 12.7mm tubing and fittings after ek's 12mm

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

EK was my only option since NCIX only carries them. Two fittings from the US cost me $35+ shipping.

Just to give you an alternative to shopping at NCIX for watercooling Dazmode is pretty complete in everything you need. I've used NCIX before for watercooling and let's just say ordering and waiting is a pain.

https://www.dazmode.com/store/

Just to give you an alternative to shopping at NCIX for watercooling Dazmode is pretty complete in everything you need. I've used NCIX before for watercooling and let's just say ordering and waiting is a pain.

https://www.dazmode.com/store/

I was contemplating dazmode but my dad doesn't like using his credit card online, hes a simple guy. I'm out of money so he was helping me with this and we bought in-store. Oh well, next time I'll buy from dazmode.

blackshades on

you do realize that other companies sell 12mm tubing... EK isn't being exclusive at all. Here's even some 12mm PETG: http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-none-chamfer-petg-12mm-od-tube-length-500mm.html

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

We don't need your filthy metric system.

But metric is SO MUCH BETTER THAN IMPERIAL

(I live in the USA)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I haven't owned any EK fittings, but they are pretty much the best/only options for GPU blocks in a lot of cases. Sure there are other brands but I always thought EK was refereed to as one of the best for GPU blocks. I have a EK GPU block for my GTX980 and love it but it was reallly expensive. But hey, custom water cooling IN GENERAL is reallllly expensive.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I haven't owned any EK fittings, but they are pretty much the best/only options for GPU blocks in a lot of cases. Sure there are other brands but I always thought EK was refereed to as one of the best for GPU blocks. I have a EK GPU block for my GTX980 and love it but it was reallly expensive. But hey, custom water cooling IN GENERAL is reallllly expensive.

I'll be honest EK's fittings were a bit underwhelming when I purchased some compression, the main barb section is solid brass that had a nice heavy nickel plating on it but the compression ring is made of aluminum which is fine since it doesn't come into contact with any fluid and is anodized so dissimilar metals from the barb and the ring wouldn't corrode each other but a nice brass or stainless would have been something good to see.

I do understand the reasoning however for aluminum since it's easy to anodize into different colors making selection easier. I can definitely say though I'm still please with their products still especially their waterblocks, really top quality stuff.

Sorry to arrive late in the discussion Reece Leu  :(

For hard tubing, the things is that Primochill uses is own true 3/8" x 1/2" which is only compatible with their Hard Tube Fittings.

EK and Bitspower uses the metric system so it's 10mm x 12mm and they are compatible at least with EK, Bitspower and E22 acrylic tubing.

I'm very sorry for the wrong info you did get.

Another rage post about not knowing 1/2'' isn't 12mm.   

It seems like your retailer stated it wrongly, but man your rage blame to EK is just absurd.  

YOU & NCIX Both failed to convert a simple measurement from imperial to metric system.

12MM and 12.7MM are not the same.. isn't that obvious enough?

noted: whether EK makes good product or not is totally another topic.. this post is totally a joke.