help with memory

Hi guys

I need to know what to get please

corsair dominator platinum 1600mhz c7 <--- what I think I should get

corsair dominator platinum 1866mhz c9 <--- and a c10 (why do they cost more then the c7) ?

what would be faster for me ? i7 4790k z97

thanks guys !

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

It won't make a difference.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

The 1866 kit costs more because it's binned ram at a higher frequency. As to which is faster, neither. Doesn't matter. You will never notice a difference between the two.

The 1866 kit costs more because it's binned ram at a higher frequency. As to which is faster, neither. Doesn't matter. You will never notice a difference between the two.

but I will notice when I upgrade from my 4gb 1333mhz c9 single channel to a 32gb 1600mhz c7 dual channel will I ?

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

but I will notice when I upgrade from my 4gb 1333mhz c9 single channel to a 32gb 1600mhz c7 dual channel will I ?

Why the hell would you buy 32 gigs?

Why the hell would you buy 32 gigs?

I'm going on a kit from amazon that costs here where I live x2 more for the 16gb kit so why not ?

I know its over kill but my mind will be at ez for a few good years not ?

Yes you will but it will depend on what you're doing.

1. 4gb ram is becoming kinda not enough for today's standards. So more memory will help if you're using more than 4gb ram.

2. Second benefit is switching from single channel to dual channel which doubles the memory bandwidth.

3. Third benefit will be switching from 1333 mhz to 1600 mhz and from cl 9 to cl 7.

If we are talking about gaming then you will only notice #1 which is the need for more ram.

If you're doing video editing and other memory intensive tasks then you will notice differences in #1 #2 and #3 in real world usage.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Yes you will but it will depend on what you're doing.

1. 4gb ram is becoming kinda not enough for today's standards. So more memory will help if you're using more than 4gb ram.

2. Second benefit is switching from single channel to dual channel which doubles the memory bandwidth.

3. Third benefit will be switching from 1333 mhz to 1600 mhz and from cl 9 to cl 7.

If we are talking about gaming then you will only notice #1 which is the need for more ram.

If you're doing video editing and other memory intensive tasks then you will notice differences in #1 #2 and #3 in real world usage.

if I'm using svp (frames interpolation for pc video rendering and madvr for scaling and rendering) is this where ill see the minimal improvement ?

thanks 4 the reply !

You will definitely notice improvements that's for sure.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~