Backing up to OneDrive w/ Backup4All

TheSTS

I am trying to set up a nightly backup to OneDrive in Windows 8.1 while using a local account. Backup4All looks like a pretty good program but I can't work out how to configure it to backup to OneDrive.

Any ideas?

I am trying to set up a nightly backup to OneDrive while using a local Windows account. Backup4All looks like a pretty good program but I can't work out how to configure it to backup to OneDrive.

Any ideas?

When you install and configure OneDrive on a PC, it will create a local folder that is kept synced to your account.

In my case, the folder is at "C:\OneDrive"

If you are using a backup program, all you need to do is point the "destination" to that folder (or perhaps a subfolder inside of it). I'm not familiar with that specific program, but it should be exactly the same as choosing any other "folder" as the destination.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

When you install and configure OneDrive on a PC, it will create a local folder that is kept synced to your account.

In my case, the folder is at "C:\OneDrive"

If you are using a backup program, all you need to do is point the "destination" to that folder (or perhaps a subfolder inside of it). I'm not familiar with that specific program, but it should be exactly the same as choosing any other "folder" as the destination.

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention, I am using Windows 8.1. So OneDrive is integrated deeply into the OS, and using it without converting my local account to a Microsoft account is proving difficult. In short, I need an address to set as the destination for Backup4All, and I can't seem to use the method you mentioned with my local Windows account.

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention, I am using Windows 8.1. So OneDrive is integrated deeply into the OS, and using it without converting my local account to a Microsoft account is proving difficult. In short, I need an address to set as the destination for Backup4All, and I can't seem to use the method you mentioned with my local Windows account.

Odd. I'm using Windows 8.1 right this moment with a local account, and OneDrive. What difficulties are you having in this regard? Getting signed into your OneDrive Account without it converting your user account to a Microsoft Account?

Neeeevermind. I just remembered that I'm using the Windows 10 TP xD Derp.

I found this online. Maybe it will work for you?

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-access-skydrive-without-microsoft-account-in-windows-8-1/

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Odd. I'm using Windows 8.1 right this moment with a local account, and OneDrive. What difficulties are you having in this regard? Getting signed into your OneDrive Account without it converting your user account to a Microsoft Account?

Neeeevermind. I just remembered that I'm using the Windows 10 TP xD Derp.

I found this online. Maybe it will work for you?

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-access-skydrive-without-microsoft-account-in-windows-8-1/

Ah, I've already tried that :P

I can't even seem to get OneDrive running without a Microsoft account.

Ah, I've already tried that :P

I can't even seem to get OneDrive running without a Microsoft account.

Well... I don't know what you could try then. I CAN confirm that Windows 10 (at least in the TP) can integrate OneDrive with a non-Microsoft user account.