iPhone 6 price...ridiculous

FairladyZ

Why would we pay for a phone that's paper thin and bends like a squished piece of cardboard?

That was the 6+, not the regular 6 :P

Don't make other Android fans look bad with your uneducated claims.

And to answer your question, because Apple and iOS

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why?

1. Apple doesn't give a fuck if their opponent's phone have better spec, they win the customers by the design

2. Software-wise, iOS is very optimized for apple's hardware, so basically even with a sub-$200 spec iphone can still run as smooth as $500 android phone

3. Service

4. The logo, doesn't matter if an iphone is $1000, people will still buy and complain nothing about it

Really, it's number 4 that makes the difference. If they put a Google logo on it, (curse me) then they would sell a whole lot less.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well, for one thing they are not actually octa cores ^^ they are two quad cores advertised as an octa for the awe factor...

Nope. There's true octa-cores like the MediaTek MT6592.

"Rawr XD"

But Obama still uses his BlackBerry 8830 :P

my mom uses nokia dumbphone so what?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I still have a Samsung Stunt (google it up) from 2006.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have an 8830 in the drawer across the room.

I have the same phone as Obama lol

"Rawr XD"

I have an 8830 in the drawer across the room.

I have the same phone as Obama lol

ok  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I still have a Samsung Stunt (google it up) from 2006.

One of my friends still uses a KRZR, chill lol

"Rawr XD"

One of my friends still uses a KRZR, chill lol

When that came out, that was the phone everybody wanted, seriously. it was so popular.

because people will pay for it. its not a bad phone but i think it should be much cheaper than android phones its going up against with 1440p displays and usually have a base capacity of 32GB while the iphone 6 has 16GB

Nope. There's true octa-cores like the MediaTek MT6592.

well, yes, but those actually beat the iphone in multithreaded performance quite heavily iirc

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well, yes, but those actually beat the iphone in multithreaded performance quite heavily iirc

Well yeah, but you were talking about the two separate quad-core chips.

it is not a slow dual core.

it beats even those fancy octa-core phones.

"fancy octa-core" doesn't necessarily mean one utilizing big.LITTLE 

"Rawr XD"

Well yeah, but you were talking about the two separate quad-core chips.

"fancy octa-core" doesn't necessarily mean one utilizing big.LITTLE 

I was answering to your second quote, that's why I was talking about the big.little ones

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I was answering to your second quote, that's why I was talking about the big.little ones

idek where this is going

On-topic: Yes they heavily outperform the iPhone in multi-threaded applications, but think about it, 8 cores is impractical for desktop use, never mind smartphones. Which is why everyone recommends Intel for gaming and not AMD. Aside from benchmarks there's very little apps that are well optimized for 8 cores on Android. The only well known ones to are Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 5, the Riptide GP series, and I believe GTA San Andreas.

"Rawr XD"

idek where this is going

yeah, never mind ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well, for one thing they are not actually octa cores ^^ they are two quad cores advertised as an octa for the awe factor... the atom in the zenfone 2 pretty much wipes the floor with an A8 cpuwise.

No it doesn't, in fact those atom cores are very lack luster.

Asus-Zenfone-2-GeekBench-3-Single-Core.jAsus-Zenfone-2-Geekbench-3-Multi-Core.jp

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

I'm not sure if I trust those benchmarks. Why is the OPO doing so much worse then the M8 multi-threaded, when it has the same CPU, but doing just as well as the M8 in single-threaded (as it should be)?

"Rawr XD"

Seriously, i have a feeling those charts are bs. The OPO can't be that horrible compared to every other phone on that chart in multithread applications

I'm not sure if I trust those benchmarks. Why is the OPO doing so much worse then the M8 multi-threaded, when it has the same CPU, but doing just as well as the M8 in single-threaded (as it should be)?

Good point, looking around it should be around the same level as the M8. As for the zenfone 2, the score looks about right from what i have seen from other sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRE4Yv5oyiM

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Seriously, i have a feeling those charts are bs. The OPO can't be that horrible compared to every other phone on that chart in multithread applications

Yeah the OPO should have got higher in the multithreaded score.

Asus-Zenfone-2-GeekBench-3-Single-Core.jAsus-Zenfone-2-Geekbench-3-Multi-Core.jp

Geekbench notoriously favours arm cpus. And synthetic benchmarks are pretty meaningless in general. But I admit that when I said it "wipes the floor" with it I was actually thinking of the a7.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Geekbench notoriously favours arm cpus. And synthetic benchmarks are pretty meaningless in general. But I admit that when I said it "wipes the floor" with it I was actually thinking of the a7.

Yeah, perhaps there needs to be better optimization for x86 cpus.

It's probably just thermal throttling. A8 is about 25% faster than A7, so the A7 would still crush any processor in single threaded tasks. In multithreaded tasks that are run for an extended amount of time, A7 should be able to outperform because it doesn't thermal throttle like snapdragon does or the zenfone.