Intel vs Amd?

Doon010

Which build is better for rendering and gaming?

Intel i3 4160, R7 260x 2GB, 8GB Ram with Gigabyte H81M-S2H motherbord

or Fx 4300, R9 280x Vapor, 8GB Ram with Asrock Extreme pro 4 motherboard

wich is better to build?

In this case, I'd say the AMD build. If you give us a budget, location and such, we can come up with a build that might be better value.

The processors are very close in performance. The i3 4160 single core performance overtakes the fx 4300, but you can overclock the 4300 better than you can the i3 4160. I would go with the AMD processor because you can overclock, and you get the better graphics card. 

i3+SSD+2nd hand 7950 (280) (You can find 7950's for $100-150 easily enough) and they overclock like a boss!

IMO for absolute pure performance in Games/Software

If doing video editing eG:Youtube video's, dont worry - most programs use GPU-assisted encoding, meaning you don't need the most 'ballin' CPU anyway.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Be careful when using low-end asrock boards. They can become very unreliable over time

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

In this case, I'd say the AMD build. If you give us a budget, location and such, we can come up with a build that might be better value.

500 Euros, I live in the netherlands, i cant build it my self ;)

i3+SSD+2nd hand 7950 (280) (You can find 7950's for $100-150 easily enough) and they overclock like a boss!

IMO for absolute pure performance in Games/Software

If doing video editing eG:Youtube video's, dont worry - most programs use GPU-assisted encoding, meaning you don't need the most 'ballin' CPU anyway.

That isnt possible ;)

Id say the second pc in game's that aren't cpu heavy. The 280x will walk laps around a 260.But the fx 4300 is a terrible cpu ..I wouldn't buy either lol But if I had to Id go with the one the first pc would be my choice. Simply cause you can upgrade your gpu and l8er on upgrade to an i5.

Intel is ahead in gaming performance.

But out of those two options definitely #2