Looking Into Purchasing New Case Fans

Hi guys,

I recently built a new HTPC and the case came with front intake LED lit fan.  It's brighter than I was hoping for.  So I'm looking at trying to replace it.  I really like Noctua fans and I really don't want that ugly brown fan to show in the front.  Has anyone had experience with their "industrial" black case fans?  I'm looking at the NF-F12 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFCR5BA/?tag=pcpapi-20).  Is this even the right type of fan I should be looking for.  I do not have any water cooling in this case and am confused about air flow vs. static pressure.  I'm guessing I want an air flow style fan.  It's at a good price considering it's Noctua.  Any help or advice you could provide would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

This or the Noiseblocker eLoops. Or if you can find any, the legendary Gentle Typhoons.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

What case are you using?

would recommend this one Corsair CO-9050013-WW 62.7 CFM 120mm Fan
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050013ww

Corsair PE's aren't worth getting. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What case are you using?

Corsair PE's aren't worth getting. 

Here in my country, Corsair's the only brand with decent price.  :(

Been using it for a while and it's serve it's purpose.

Not bad but the Noctua moves more air and is quiter.

Case is Sentey SS6-2441 (http://www.sentey.com/en/ss6-2441)

Yes, I agree, Noctua is indeed better :D , but the price here in my country is insanely high :mellow: .

Btw, Nice case!

Here in my country, Corsair's the only brand with decent price.  :(

Been using it for a while and it's serve it's purpose.

Yes, I agree, Noctua is indeed better :D , but the price here in my country is insanely high :mellow: .

Btw, Nice case!

Thank you, I wanted something a little different from the norm.  It has a few things about it that are kind of wacky and I would like changed but it is solid.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

SP (Static Pressure) fans are best where you need them to push through something, say a radiator, or a set of CPU cooler fins etc.

As an intake or pure exhaust fan you want an AF (air Flow) fan.

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

SP (Static Pressure) fans are best where you need them to push through something, say a radiator, or a set of CPU cooler fins etc.

As an intake or pure exhaust fan you want an AF (air Flow) fan.

Yea, I've watched many of Jay's videos and that one more than once and see that shot of him in the video preview there...?  Yea, that's me even after watching it.  HAHA

Lol well in short ...if there's no obstruction, HDD/Cages, radiator etc ...the air will have free flow ....then use an AF

if it needs to push through something ...like a cooler's fins ...then use a pressure fan.

...so intake fan with nothing behind it, you want pure flow ...get an AF

Intake fan with shit behind it ...u need a pressure fan (SP)

I'm sure Linus has prob done a video on it too

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Here you go

There are some pretty basic ways to dye the noctua fans to any color. Noctua makes great fans but I can't stand the color also. A quick google search will bring up a number of methods for dying the fan.