is nvidia working in a new technology?

saiftech

i really want to get 2 gtx titan x's but im afraid if navida will release a new tech for the GPU that will not be supported with the titan x's 

like i remember buying this really old gpu and after a few days they release a new tech called G-sync and it wasnt supported my my gpu cause it was a bit older then the GTX 650ti

i dont want this to happen again so id navdia working on anything yet? that will be worth the wait?

I don't think that NVIDIA will release anything really exciting that excludes the titan x

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

i really want to get 2 gtx titan x's but im afraid if navida will release a new tech for the GPU that will not be supported with the titan x's 

like i remember buying this really old gpu and after a few days they release a new tech called G-sync and it wasnt supported my my gpu cause it was a bit older then the GTX 650ti

i dont want this to happen again so id navdia working on anything yet? that will be worth the wait?

If you buy Titan X's today, you will get the newer technology. (If they are working on one)

It is Nvidia, not navdia or navida :P

Only if you were to buy 700 series cards today, you may lose out on a newer technology. Luckily you can't buy 700 series cards new anymore

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

They're not going to do that with the Titan X, trust me.  And why exactly do you need 2 Titan X's?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Luckily you can't buy 700 series cards new anymore

I can

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

new features always run the risk of excluding old technology. Nvidia may or may not release a new feature in the future that the TitanX does not support. Microsoft may introduce dx12.2 with a feature the TitanX doesn't support. Heck, there's already dx12.0 features that the TitanX can only emulate through software, and does not directly support in the hardware.

gallery_62868_1925_34570.png

Unless buying a couple thousand dollar graphic cards is a drop in the bucket for you, and you can afford to upgrade on a whim, I would think long and hard about whether you need dual TitanX's.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Of course they are working on new unannounced stuff. They always are. They have to in this industry. Don't worry about it.

All we can say is we don't know of any soon to be released tech that would make you regret buying an nvidia GPU.

Companies are always working on new tech, and how to integrate them with old, as well as current hardware.

If you are looking at something like a Titan X, then I ASSUME that there wont be any big changes in terms of features added that will be a deal breaker if they were to add them later. This more or less goes with any current 900-series graphics card from Nvidia.

Something like G-sync isn't a deal breaker for me if I used older hardware, since it would mean both a GPU, along with a monitor upgrade in order to do anything. There aren't many G-Sync panels out yet that I would consider using.

There is ONE, only ONE out thus far that's pretty much the holy grail in terms of G-Sync monitors. And that would be the Acer Predator XB270HU. A 27 inch, 2560x1440, 144Hz "IPS" panel with G-Sync.

new features always run the risk of excluding old technology. Nvidia may or may not release a new feature in the future that the TitanX does not support. Microsoft may introduce dx12.1 with a feature the TitanX doesn't support. Heck, there's already dx12.0 features that the TitanX can only emulate through software, and does not directly support in the hardware.gallery_62868_1925_34570.png

Where did you get this from?

Although I don't understand half of it.

Companies are always working on new tech, and how to integrate them with old, as well as current hardware.

If you are looking at something like a Titan X, then I ASSUME that there wont be any big changes in terms of features added that will be a deal breaker if they were to add them later. This more or less goes with any current 900-series graphics card from Nvidia.

Something like G-sync isn't a deal breaker for me if I used older hardware, since it would mean both a GPU, along with a monitor upgrade in order to do anything. There aren't many G-Sync panels out yet that I would consider using.

There is ONE, only ONE out thus far that's pretty much the holy grail in terms of G-Sync monitors. And that would be the Acer Predator XB270HU. A 27 inch, 2560x1440, 144Hz "IPS" panel with G-Sync.

what about the asus ROG SWIFT isnt it a bit better? it has 1ms :)?

Where did you get this from?

Although I don't understand half of it.

Its been floating around for a while. I have no reason to believe any of its false, but each to their own. more charts like this will likely pop up as windows 10 gets closer.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

new features always run the risk of excluding old technology. Nvidia may or may not release a new feature in the future that the TitanX does not support. Microsoft may introduce dx12.1 with a feature the TitanX doesn't support. Heck, there's already dx12.0 features that the TitanX can only emulate through software, and does not directly support in the hardware.

gallery_62868_1925_34570.png

Unless buying a couple thousand dollar graphic cards is a drop in the bucket for you, and you can afford to upgrade on a whim, I would think long and hard about whether you need dual TitanX's.

according to this chart, it looks like only AMD gnc architecture supports dx12 100%

980ti better support everything.....or else!!   :(