Noctua LNA's needed when controlled by PWM?

WAFOE

I've bought a NF-F12 for replacement of my Scythe Mugen 2 fan. The only thing I wonder, is that do I need the LNA if I want more silence, even if controlled by the motherboard's CPU PWM header? Will it make a difference?

:rolleyes:

I've bought a NF-F12 for replacement of my Scythe Mugen 2 fan. The only thing I wonder, is that do I need the LNA if I want more silence, even if controlled by the motherboard's CPU PWM header? Will it make a difference?

The LNA adapter will limit the fan's max RPM, you can check what the max limit is on noctua's website (Noctua.at)

PWM and everything else will still work, all that adapter does is it limits the max RPM.

i don't think the LNA allows the PWM signal through, my CM LNA's don't

The included LNA's from Noctua are both 4-pin in and out.

The LNA adapter will limit the fan's max RPM, you can check what the max limit is on noctua's website (Noctua.at)

PWM and everything else will still work, all that adapter does is it limits the max RPM.

I have read they go from 1500 to 1200 RPM. So that means they can go all the other (lower) RPM's, but only not >1200?

I have read they go from 1500 to 1200 RPM. So that means they can go all the other (lower) RPM's, but only not >1200?

Yes, 1200RPM will be the max the fans can go to if they are using the LNA adapter

The min rpm for fan will remain, with or without LNA. So the use is minimal imo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for answering, it's clear now!  :)