Overclocking my GPU

I am a noobie in terms of overclocking my gpu...I have a gtx 980 and would want to know if its safe to overclock it...I have no problems in temps cause Its on a custom loop what I want to know if its safe and wont harm my gpu..I have set my power limit to 125% and prioritized it on afterburner..is it safe?I didnt add any voltages btw...my core clock is +200 and mem is +450..thanks!

Will it degrade my gpu faster?

I am a noobie in terms of overclocking my gpu...I have a gtx 980 and would want to know if its safe to overclock it...I have no problems in temps cause Its on a custom loop what I want to know if its safe and wont harm my gpu..I have set my power limit to 125% and prioritized it on afterburner..is it safe?I didnt add any voltages btw...my core clock is +200 and mem is +450..thanks!

Will it degrade my gpu faster?

To some degree it will, as you are pushing it harder then it was designed for, but how much I'm not sure.

Other then that, so does it look fine, but remember to test using games and not just benchmarks, as they can be misleading.

In benchmarks so can I push my GTX 970s to +225 on core and +500 on mem, but had to dial it back to +150 on core and +400 on mem, thanks to games crashing.

To some degree it will, as you are pushing it harder then it was designed for, but how much I'm not sure.

Other then that, so does it look fine, but remember to test using games and not just benchmarks, as they can be misleading.

In benchmarks so can I push my GTX 970s to +225 on core and +500 on mem, but had to dial it back to +150 on core and +400 on mem, thanks to games crashing.

So your not worried about any damages it may cause?what do you think?

So your not worried about any damages it may cause?what do you think?

As long as the overclock is stable, so should it be fine.

The only downside to overclocking is that you might need to upgrade more often, as the parts have shorter life span (not sure by how much) and that you need to spend more money on cooling (yes, even stock coolers on GPUs need some help, in the form of fans to move the hot air out of the way)

As long as the overclock is stable, so should it be fine.

The only downside to overclocking is that you might need to upgrade more often, as the parts have shorter life span (not sure by how much) and that you need to spend more money on cooling (yes, even stock coolers on GPUs need some help, in the form of fans to move the hot air out of the way)

Its on a custom loop and my max temp is 40+ will it still shorten the life span?

Its on a custom loop and my max temp is 40+ will it still shorten the life span?

The risk of overclocking is that it might shorten the lifespan. Thats just something you have to accept.

But there is not many threads about overclocking killing cards, so I'm gussing it will last long enough for you to replace it down the line.