Help me pick a laptop!

Meruemm

Hey guys! I recently got stocked up with moneh, and since I'm going to a Computer Science course in a uni abroad, I've made up my mind to buy a decent laptop. I've been looking thoroughly, and for my budged, I've found 2 laptops that fit my needs, and are almost the same, just with a few differences, and those differences being the reason I am making this thread.

The first laptop is the ASUS G750JZ. The specs are as follows:
CPU- I7-4700HQ up to 3.4 GHz in Turbo mode
GPU - GTX 880M 4GB GDDR5
RAM - 8 GB ( Another question is, will 8GB suffice for games like GTA 5 on high settings? IMO 16GB is overkill, but I am not entirely sure if 8 will be enough..)
Storage - 7200 RPM hard drive, no SSDs included

The second laptop is G750 again, but this time G750JS. Specs->
CPU - Same as above
GPU - GTX 870M 3GB GDDR5

RAM - 8 Gigs

Storage - again a 7200 rpm hard drive, but this one has a 256 gigs SSD

From my local store, these two have almost identical price - only 15 dollars or something difference.

Since I am a guy that usually regrets what I buy, I've decided to ask you guys for opinion this time, and see which one is better.

Also, if anyone has any other good laptops which have prices around these two that I mentioned, feel free to suggest me!

So, for the real question.. Which one would YOU buy? (Considering I am a gamer, I'd like to be able to play games like GTA 5 and others on mid to high settings)

ASUS G750JZ.It got more graphics horsepower.16GB might not be bad if like it's $10-20 more.

A 900 series GPU might be better

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

ASUS G750JZ.It got more graphics horsepower.16GB might not be bad if like it's $10-20 more.

A 900 series GPU might be better

the 16GB verions costs 90$ more. For the graphics horsepower, do you mean the 1 gig difference in video memory, or just overall performance? I've heard more than 2 gigs graphics memory is not really necessery and does not make a big difference..

the 16GB verions costs 90$ more. For the graphics horsepower, do you mean the 1 gig difference in video memory, or just overall performance? I've heard more than 2 gigs graphics memory is not really necessery and does not make a big difference..

For 1080p it will not and for GTA V?You are going to need all the v-ram you could get

Don't get a 16GB laptop

This is also a high end laptop with better specs-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232405

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

RAM is all or nothing factor in games most of the time, so don't bother with more then 8GB. For gaming look for the best graphic card.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

For 1080p it will not and for GTA V?You are going to need all the v-ram you could get

Don't get a 16GB laptop

This is also a high end laptop with better specs-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232405

One of the first that I liked. There is a catch, however... it's a 15 inch laptop. I am looking for a 17 inch. Moreover, the cooling is not as good as the G750JZ and JS

Hey guys! I recently got stocked up with moneh, and since I'm going to a Computer Science course in a uni abroad, I've made up my mind to buy a decent laptop. I've been looking thoroughly, and for my budged, I've found 2 laptops that fit my needs, and are almost the same, just with a few differences, and those differences being the reason I am making this thread.

GPU - GTX 880M 4GB GDDR5

RAM - 8 GB ( Another question is, will 8GB suffice for games like GTA 5 on high settings? IMO 16GB is overkill, but I am not entirely sure if 8 will be enough..)

CPU - Same as above

GPU - GTX 870M 3GB GDDR5

RAM - 8 Gigs

From my local store, these two have almost identical price - only 15 dollars or something difference.

Since I am a guy that usually regrets what I buy, I've decided to ask you guys for opinion this time, and see which one is better.

Also, if anyone has any other good laptops which have prices around these two that I mentioned, feel free to suggest me!

So, for the real question.. Which one would YOU buy? (Considering I am a gamer, I'd like to be able to play games like GTA 5 and others on mid to high settings)

What's your budget?

I would get a Clevo P650SE or P650SG. Comes with 3 fans for excellent cooling, slightly under and over an inch thick (0.98"-ish for the P650SE, 1.13" for the Clevo P650SG), tons of storage options, about 2.5kg (or 5.5 pounds), 970M (P650SE) or 980M (P650SG).

EDIT: The 17-inch variants are the Clevo P670SE and P670SG.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

First one if you are gaming. 

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

GPU - GTX 880M 4GB GDDR5

CPU - Same as above

GPU - GTX 870M 3GB GDDR5

RAM - 8 Gigs

get the 880m, it is better to have the extra performance than an ssd

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

get the 880m, it is better to have the extra performance than an ssd

Performance wise, the two GPU's are pretty similar. Sure, the gtx880m has a bit higher performance, but that is in theory.. Maybe in actual gaming, they might prove to have quite a bit of difference, so I'd appreciate if anyone has experience with the. Also, for the SSD, I think if a game is installed on it, it will surely perform faster. Maybe not that faster than on the HD, but surely faster.

Performance wise, the two GPU's are pretty similar. Sure, the gtx880m has a bit higher performance, but that is in theory.. Maybe in actual gaming, they might prove to have quite a bit of difference, so I'd appreciate if anyone has experience with the. Also, for the SSD, I think if a game is installed on it, it will surely perform faster. Maybe not that faster than on the HD, but surely faster.

the 880m has almost 200 more cores than the 870m and it has a 256 bit memory bus while as the 870m only has a 192 bit bus

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Read my vRAM information guide.

GPU - GTX 880M 4GB GDDR5

CPU - Same as above

GPU - GTX 870M 3GB GDDR5

RAM - 8 Gigs

Neither. Buy the Clevo P770ZM. It's the best single GPU 17" laptop on the market right now, no contest.

Kepler mobile GPUs are not worth it anymore, at all. 900M GPUs are so much stronger it's a joke. I've seen people OC a 970M to match stock 780M SLI, and you can't even dream about that on any mobile Kepler GPU out there.

If you can't get that and for some reason still want ASUS, then the new G751 would be the better buy. But honestly, the P770ZM is the best thing to do.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday