Is my SSD dead?

Dabombinable

Over the last week my computers being taking an abnormally long time to start and launch programs, and I was wondering if the SSD is dead or dying?

Its a Corsair Force LS 60GB, with 27GB free, the partition aligned correctly and a spotless smart status. I've had it for about 6 months now and its only ever been used as a boot drive, and a fresh re-install of Windows 7 or XP doesn't improve the speed. The SSD is actually doing everything slow than my 1TB WD Blue, which is my storage drive, and I do have a 240G OCZ Arc 100 that I could replace it with, but it was intended as an upgrade from its 100GB HDD (I could use a slightly better 320GB HDD in it if need be btw)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

crystaldiskmark and crystaldiskinfo will tell you everything you need to know

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If it's slowing down, but you've reformatted it. I would assume it's dying

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

you should make sure to enable trim and stop windows from trying to defragment it. defragmenting SSDs makes them perform badly and shortens their lifespan. If none of this has been done to the drive, then it looks like your SSD is becoming an SSDead.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

you should make sure to enable trim and stop windows from trying to defragment it. defragmenting SSDs makes them perform badly and shortens their lifespan. If none of this has been done to the drive, then it looks like your SSD is becoming an SSDead.

Ensuring trim was enabled, disabling; defragmenting, superfetch, prefetch, hibernation were the first things I did. I planned everything well before I bought the SSD, though I think I made a really bad choice in what I bought.

crystaldiskmark and crystaldiskinfo will tell you everything you need to know

200MB/sec write, 29MB/sec write. And that's after a fresh install of Windows with all of the post install tweaks.

PMSL

200MB/sec write, 29MB/sec write. And that's after a fresh install of Windows with all of the post install tweaks.

Those write speeds are extremely bad

Does crystaldiskinfo tell you the SSD health?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Those write speeds are extremely bad

Does crystaldiskinfo tell you the SSD health?

I used the disk utility on my Lubuntu live CD, the SMART status hasn't changed since I bought it.

PMSL

Well if it was dead, your system wouldn't boot.

A dead SSD to me = slower overall than my WD Blue.

PMSL