280x with psu, halp.

kiryu6

So I want to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202112this one specifically, with http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H33SFJU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER this PSU. Essentially, a 280x with a 500w PSU EVGA. Was really hoping to know whether it would be fine, don't want to underbuy and ruin anything.

Motherboard: MSI 760 GM-P23 FX
CPU: AMD 4300
Ram: Ripjaw X1 8gb

My current GFX card and PSU is a R5 230 [Dear god it's awful], with a 350W PSU.

Any help, or even suggestions towards better PSU's and GPU's would be rad as heck. Thanks guys!

Should be enough but I would get 600-650W if you are planning to overclock things.

Righto, and do you think this is the best I can get or should I invest more in a 290? I would love too but I don't know how much this check is going to pay so I'm still sort of just checking everything, this is basically my bare minimum I want to get at least.

Also, do you think this game can run most games at relatively good settings? This 230 barely runs skyrim at 60fps on 800 res. e-e

Righto, and do you think this is the best I can get or should I invest more in a 290? I would love too but I don't know how much this check is going to pay so I'm still sort of just checking everything, this is basically my bare minimum I want to get at least.

Also, do you think this game can run most games at relatively good settings? This 230 barely runs skyrim at 60fps on 800 res. e-e

You don't need a 290 get the 280X you will be very satisfied with its performance, if you can get a 1ghz model not a 850mhz one.

You don't need a 290 get the 280X you will be very satisfied with its performance, if you can get a 1ghz model not a 850mhz one.

For sure. Do you think it'll be able to run GTA5/Witcher 3/Batman DK? Obviously the third we have spec references but can't test, but the benchmarks all seem insanely good for this card so just asking. Thank you though for the insanely fast reply!

For sure, do you think it'll be able to run GTA5/Witcher 3/Batman DK? Obviously the third we have spec references but can't test, but the benchmarks all seem insanely good for this card so just asking. Thank you though for the insanely fast reply!

Yea you should be just fine if all you want is 1080p 60fps you should be able to get that on ultra settings on most games with a 280X.

Yea you should be just fine if all you want is 1080p 60fps you should be able to get that on ultra settings on most games with a 280X.

Fantastic. Yeah I dont have a fancy 4K display, feel like it's not needed, then again I don't know what it's capable of, so!

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-R9280X-DC2T-3GD5-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00FT2S4BG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1432365796&sr=8-10&keywords=280x

How about this one? This one is actually pretty good because it ships from the state I'm in, though I doubt it matters much xD

Fantastic. Yeah I dont have a fancy 4K display, feel like it's not needed, then again I don't know what it's capable of, so!

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-R9280X-DC2T-3GD5-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00FT2S4BG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1432365796&sr=8-10&keywords=280x

How about this one? This one is actually pretty good because it ships from the state I'm in, though I doubt it matters much xD

That's a good choice right there just remember if you buy and cards used they might have been used for 24/7 bitcoin mining, this is why I prefer buying new cards or ones that are factory refurbished.

That's a good choice right there just remember if you buy and cards used they might have been used for 24/7 bitcoin mining, this is why I prefer buying new cards or ones that are factory refurbished.

Oh okay, what's bitcoin mining might I ask? I'm new to all of this as you can tell :P

Using a graphics card to do math that pays you money, they get ran 24/7 usually with a few other GPU's and will get super hot, and it will reduce there life dramatically.

Oh alright, and what's uh.. Artifacting?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00FR6XPL8/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Also how about this one? It's resealed, 6 month warranty, lifetime customer support? I googled their clocks and it's at 1k, not to mention it looks sick.

Oh alright, and what's uh.. Artifacting?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00FR6XPL8/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Also how about this one? It's resealed, 6 month warranty, lifetime customer support? I googled their clocks and it's at 1k, not to mention it looks sick.

Go for it my friend has a refurbished MSI 280X and he loves it, and for that price it's a good deal.

Go for it my friend has a refurbished MSI 280X and he loves it, and for that price it's a good deal.

Sweet! Do you think my processor will need an upgrade any time soon? My ram/motherboard too? Sorry to ask all this, swapping new parts and giving my bro my old ones to build him a comp for his bday, though still swapping the lower end parts for something better, probably the 280x as well ;P

Sweet! Do you think my processor will need an upgrade any time soon? My ram/motherboard too? Sorry to ask all this, swapping new parts and giving my bro my old ones to build him a comp for his bday, though still swapping the lower end parts for something better, probably the 280x as well ;P

Yea you could use a upgrade here is what I would suggest.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($103.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $303.98

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-23 03:57 EDT-0400

EDIT-If your case won't fit a atx board you could give it to your bro. Or buy this motherboard instead.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97mxgaming5

Yea you could use a upgrade here is what I would suggest.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($103.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $303.98

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-23 03:57 EDT-0400

EDIT-If your case won't fit a atx board you could give it to your bro. Or buy this motherboard instead.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97mxgaming5

Alright thanks a ton, I'll bookmark these for future reference and upgrade based on what you gave me~ Getting it hopefully bought on the 26th when I get payed, too damn impatient, been a dream to get a gaming computer since I was 10, being 18 it was a long wait lol

Alright thanks a ton, I'll bookmark these for future reference and upgrade based on what you gave me~ Getting it hopefully bought on the 26th when I get payed, too damn impatient, been a dream to get a gaming computer since I was 10, being 18 it was a long wait lol

I dreamed about having one since I was 11 im now 17 and still chasing the fantasy.

Mine is okay bit could use a lot, I have 2000$ worth of parts in my basement waiting for my next build and a build I'm doing for my friend.

I dreamed about having one since I was 11 im now 17 and still chasing the fantasy.

Mine is okay bit could use a lot, I have 2000$ worth of parts in my basement waiting for my next build and a build I'm doing for my friend.

Damn, guess I started late! Still barely know much sadly, but I definitely want to do this as often as I can

In the meantime, is there literally any way to get this R5 230 to not be utter trash?

500 is fine, 600 is better

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Oh I didn't start until a year ago and my current system is just a Dell Vostro 730 that I upgraded  to 8gb of 1600mhz ram a R9 280X and a good PSU.

Oh okay xD

In terms of getting two gpus down the line, like two 280x's, do you think it's worth it or to just get a better graphics card? I know I'd obviously need another power supply but just a question.

Oh okay xD

In terms of getting two gpus down the line, like two 280x's, do you think it's worth it or to just get a better graphics card? I know I'd obviously need another power supply but just a question.

If your playing at 1080p the 280X is great as a single card I world only double then up if you want to hit 70-100fps or if you want to do 1440p.

If your playing at 1080p the 280X is great as a single card I world only double then up if you want to hit 70-100fps or if you want to do 1440p.

Oh okay gotcha, and how many watts do you think I'd need for a dual card?

750 watts minimum.

800-850 watts if you are overclocking the CPU, you should do this at least.

900-1000 watts if you are overclocking the CPU and GPU's.

Oh okay, for sure. Something I'll do much further down the line then, 1080p is enough for me ahah