2015 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro’s dGPU (R9 M370X) Is Cape Verde (R7 250X)

source: http://anandtech.com/show/9276/2015-15inch-retina-macbook-pros-dgpu-r9-m370x-is-cape-verde

pretty much everyone and their dog were speculating that the newly announced 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro including the R9 m370X and will be based on GCN 1.2, turns out it was wrong .. it's GCN 1.0  :lol:

M370X-GPUZ2_575px.png

---

color me surprised ... AMD  <_<

Apple should do the smart thing and just stick with intel's IRIS Pro series of iGPUs instead

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Apple should do the smart thing and just stick with intel's IRIS Pro series of iGPUs instead

the 250x is quite a bit better than iris..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

woah thanks for that update. Didn't even see that the Macbook Pro's updated. Cheers though, Would have liked to see green team here but whatever works best!

This makes me lose all interest in anything GPU-related from AMD this summer if they're starting it off with rebrands already.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

the 250x is quite a bit better than iris..

on a laptop .. that's built to consume the least amount of power as possible?! definately Intel's IGP would've been the better solution

on a laptop .. that's built to consume the least amount of power as possible?! definately Intel's IGP would've been the better solution

42 watts isnt that bad and im assuming that they have a gimped version

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This makes me lose all interest in anything GPU-related from AMD this summer if they're starting it off with rebrands already.

So you whole opinion on the 300 line up will be based off a mobile GPU in a MacBook, fair enough.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

So you whole opinion on the 300 line up will be based off a mobile GPU in a MacBook, fair enough.

If they're going to start the 300 line with a rebrand, then yes.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

It's the name of the game when it comes to electronics you need to trade power for performance.

If they're going to start the 300 line with a rebrand, then yes.

You mean like how a 950m is a rebranded 860m? Or how the 940m is a rebranded 850m?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

This is the MacBook Pro you are talking about. People who buy this expect it to be able to do some fairly intensive tasks, not necessarily the most power efficient laptop ever.

bummer ... guess the 15inch 2015 Macbook Pro is kind a disappointing on many levels.

let's hope they fix this with the Skylake CPUs.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Previous chip was a comparable to a  GT 730/740 and the new chip is comparable slower 250X, so it's technically still an upgrade.

Weird they didn't go for a bonaire variant.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

source: http://anandtech.com/show/9276/2015-15inch-retina-macbook-pros-dgpu-r9-m370x-is-cape-verde

pretty much everyone and their dog were speculating that the newly announced 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro including the R9 m370X and will be based on GCN 1.2, turns out it was wrong .. it's GCN 1.0  :lol:

-snip-

---

color me surprised ... AMD  <_<

Cool so It's essentially my R9 M275X

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

As long as the user experience is up to the product expectations, people won't care if it's a rebrand or not.

This makes me lose all interest in anything GPU-related from AMD this summer if they're starting it off with rebrands already

it's always been the case for mobile gpu to be a generation behind from desktop, mainly because of the TDP, as someone else gave the exemple of the Nvidia M950 that was a rebrand of M860 which is also a rebrand of the desktop gpu 750( and i think the 750 was a rebrand of 660 desktop)

will there be a rebrand on desktop for AMD, ofc, and my guess would be the crads that havn't been rebranded yet, like the 260X has a kinda new architecture, the tonga 285, and the hawaii 290, these will be probably the low-mid end, and the new Fiji would be the new high end.

because AMD got alot of features that need to be supported on GCN 1.2, and these 3 gpus along with Fiji seem the way to go, my guess the 270-280-250 wont make it into rebrand because it's GCN 1.0