HELP! What music do i like?

waggythegeek

So, I can name songs I like. Do you guys think you can help me figure out what music I like, or at least recommend something?

Songs/artists I like:

Imagine dragons

Meghan trainor

American authors

Coldplay, but so far only for viva la Vida and paradise

Shut up and dance

Uptown funk

I have also noticed that -MOST- of these, along with some other songs that appeal to me, have a drum line that is semi-prominent and some electric guitar, also semi-prominent. Help! My playlists are running dry. Feel free to ask me questions.

Edit: Also war by the hypnotic brass ensemble

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

honestly, how do you like meghan trainor? i don't like her one bit.

on soundcloud, look up troyboi and tropkillaz.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sounds like pop. 

Sounds like pop.

Most pop is trash

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

honestly, how do you like meghan trainor? i don't like her one bit.

on soundcloud, look up troyboi and tropkillaz.

Link me to soundcloud? Also, Meghan trainor... IDK. Nice rhythm? She's just good, she's got a butter face tho.

EDIT: Nm, she's got a whole damn butter body.

Most pop is trash

You asked I told you. You asked "HELP! What music do i like?"  What you listed in mostly pop. 

alternative

Just... Generic alternative?

I guess. Its a genre

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You asked I told you. You asked "HELP! What music do i like?" What you listed in mostly pop.

Fo da recurd, most imagine dragons had never been on the radio...

Maybe look into Alternitive Punk, Indie Pop, or alternative pop

I guess. Its a genre

Well, learn summin new every day.

The band is listed as a pop band as are, Meghan trainor, and Coldplay. 

Maybe look into Alternitive Punk, Indie Pop, or alternative pop

Kk den

Link me to soundcloud? Also, Meghan trainor... IDK. Nice rhythm? She's just good, she's got a butter face tho.

EDIT: Nm, she's got a whole damn butter body.

Troyboi: https://soundcloud.com/troyboiActually listening to them ATM. They're actually pretty good.

Tropkillaz: https://soundcloud.com/tropkillazBrazillian group. Actually good.

Another one. DJ Snake. https://soundcloud.com/djsnakeI like his music, especially Lean On.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Try some muse?

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Try some muse?

I think their only song I've heard is uprising.

I think their only song I've heard is uprising.

Try some stuff from their album origin of symmetry. Their also releasing a new album soon so a couple songs from that are already out.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Meghan Trainor is literally the most irritating person on earth, her music is like the plague, I could rant about how dumb she is for hours but I will try and refrain. Anyway your taste in music seems to be pop rock or alternative rock.

Pop music is not really defined as what is played on the radio. It can be a good indicater, but it's not the end all be all.

Pop music  is usually just loosly defined as popular music. In theory that could be anything from Pharrell Williams to Panzerchrist.

I guess Imagine Dragons, American Authors and Coldplay could all be labeled as rock, but in the very light end. 

Meghan Trainor is definatly pop, but more specifically her music would proably be labeled as blue eyed soul.

I can't find anything about a band called ´Shut up and Dance´. Do you mean Walk the Moon? Becuase they are a pretty rock-ish pop band.

Uptown funk is a funk/soul song with a big band ensemble.

I can recommend looking into bands like Fun, some of the newer One Republic and maybe Belle and Sebastian.

If you liked Uptown Funk, then i can recommend checking out Amy Winehouse, since Mark Ronson wrote a lot of her music.

In the same vein (but a bit tammer in my opinion) is Duffy.

I you want a lable put on you, i would say that you are an average top 40 listener.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

That's because..... Video Killed the Radio Star

Pop music is not really defined as what is played on the radio. It can be a good indicater, but it's not the end all be all.

Pop music  is usually just loosly defined as popular music. In theory that could be anything from Pharrell Williams to Panzerchrist.

I guess Imagine Dragons, American Authors and Coldplay could all be labeled as rock, but in the very light end. 

Meghan Trainor is definatly pop, but more specifically her music would proably be labeled as blue eyed soul.

I can't find anything about a band called ´Shut up and Dance´. Do you mean Walk the Moon? Becuase they are a pretty rock-ish pop band.

Uptown funk is a funk/soul song with a big band ensemble.

I can recommend looking into bands like Fun, some of the newer One Republic and maybe Belle and Sebastian. Yeah, Shut Up and Dance is the song. I've tried listening to Walk The Moon's other stuff, but I just can't.

If you liked Uptown Funk, then i can recommend checking out Amy Winehouse, since Mark Ronson wrote a lot of her music.

In the same vein (but a bit tammer in my opinion) is Duffy.

I you want a lable put on you, i would say that you are an average top 40 listener.

I see wat u did dere... grew up listening to 80's ish stuff.

Sounds like alternative rock to me.

Listen to some Gorillaz :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks, now that song is in my head 

I see wat u did dere... grew up listening to 80's ish stuff.

I know that song because GTA Vice City ^^

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/