well that just happened....

I thought gta v was bottlenecking........ and now I came to realize I left vsync on half... Fps jumped from like 20- 60 lol. gpu usage went from 50 to 98%. I was literally about to get an i5 xD. I currently have an 860k athlon. 

EDIT: gpu is an r9 280

First day I played I left V-Sync at half and wondered why it looked so choppy. I am not a smart man.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

First day I played I left V-Sync at half and wondered why it looked so choppy. I am not a smart man.

xD I lowered everything to low and it was still choppy, and even the mouse on the menu screen was choppy. I was like damn is my computer really that bad?

Well that feeling though when you realize you're the problem and not the hardware gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Every time I have changed my GPU(which is about 4 times now) I do the same thing lol. I'm like "man this GPU runs like shit" then I see that setting and get 80+ afterwards lol. I really wish R* made it to where it retains the settings.

+1 for user name

30d999075d.gif

Luke looks high and Linus looks like he was teg-bagged senseless...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I thought gta v was bottlenecking........ and now I came to realize I left vsync on half... Fps jumped from like 20- 60 lol. gpu usage went from 50 to 98%. I was literally about to get an i5 xD. I currently have an 860k athlon. 

EDIT: gpu is an r9 280

Was about to switch out my CPU and mobo for my i5... and then I updated to 15.4 Beta drivers and went from 35-40 with constant dips and stuttering on normal settings to solid 60 on high with a 7870.

I almost got off my ass. Could you believe it?

We all trip balls when we had to wait that long for GTA V.

"Rawr XD"

Was about to switch out my CPU and mobo for my i5... and then I updated to 15.4 Beta drivers and went from 35-40 with constant dips and stuttering on normal settings to solid 60 on high with a 7870.

I almost got off my ass. Could you believe it?

We all trip balls when we had to wait that long for GTA V.

Oh the drivers... they got me as well once. I was getting like 20 fps on bf4 while on low and it was because of a bad driver installation it seemed

Luke looks high and Linus looks like he was teg-bagged senseless...

cannot unsee

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"