Corsair 900D Basement covers

slightlyjaded
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

Also I did see another person on the Forum post this just recently about a midplate for the 900D if you are interested:

http://www.coldzero.eu/midplates/1488-900d-midplate-long-rev-3.html

Okay, so I finally spun my case around so I can look into it, And the only thing that really irks me is being able to see straight into the basement. Does anyone know of a company that makes a compatible cover? or am I going to have to make one for myself?

Okay, so I finally spun my case around so I can look into it, And the only thing that really irks me is being able to see straight into the basement. Does anyone know of a company that makes a compatible cover? or am I going to have to make one for myself?

Not that I know of you will most likely need to make one on your own using something like plexi or sheet metal.

Not that I know of you will most likely need to make one on your own using something like plexi or sheet metal.

Was thinking of using some aluminum, and engine enamel, hadn't thought of plexi, but a smoked surface might look good. Everything would still be there for display, but the smoked look would mask it enough.

Was thinking of using some aluminum, and engine enamel, hadn't thought of plexi, but a smoked surface might look good. Everything would still be there for display, but the smoked look would mask it enough.

There is opaque black plexi if you want to match the case, and won't let you see through.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Acrylic-Sheet-0-118-Opaque/dp/B00JH9R5WG/ref=pd_sim_328_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R3RGJ760CH0123BFGBZ

There is opaque black plexi if you want to match the case, and won't let you see through.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Acrylic-Sheet-0-118-Opaque/dp/B00JH9R5WG/ref=pd_sim_328_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R3RGJ760CH0123BFGBZ

Nice enough, but have you seen a 900D case? 300mm won't cut it.

Another problem I've got because this definately isn't going to be OEM is that I could machine a metal part to be supported on the front and right. I can't find anywhere else to support it from unless I want to lay it on my power supply.... Not really a problem, but something I'd prefer to avoid using as a structural support.

Nice enough, but have you seen a 900D case? 300mm won't cut it.

Another problem I've got because this definately isn't going to be OEM is that I could machine a metal part to be supported on the front and right. I can't find anywhere else to support it from unless I want to lay it on my power supply.... Not really a problem, but something I'd prefer to avoid using as a structural support.

That was just an example but you can get them in much larger sizes. 

As for mounting using some aluminum 90 degreee brackets or lengths woudl work well to support it, if you need a way of making it stay in place you can always use two magnets that have opposite poles to have it snap into place.