Can a screen be too big for gaming?

whitedragon101

I game on my projector its a 100" 1080p 60hz screen and I sit 11 feet way from it.  I realised when switching to my normal 19" desktop monitor (never play that way normally) last night that I played for longer and felt more in the game and more comfortable.  I think I have realised what it is.  On the projector I think fast movement is a bit overwhelming and disorienting.

Has anyone else had this experience that gaming on a projector fast motion becomes overwhelming / disorienting ?

Even playing on a 60 inch tv is hard for me, its just too big for me to concentrate well with. 

I game on my projector its a 100" 1080p 60hz screen and I sit 11 feet way from it.  I realised when switching to my normal 19" desktop monitor (never play that way normally) last night that I played for longer and felt more in the game and more comfortable.  I think I have realised what it is.  On the projector I think fast movement is a bit overwhelming and disorienting.

Has anyone else had this experience that gaming on a projector fast motion becomes overwhelming / disorienting ?

Well if the distance from the screen isn't right, you'll not get the best experience. That said, unless you have a really good projector you won't get as good a picture as you would on a traditional screen.

if its too big you have to turn your head a lot giving yourself a disadvantage. for turn based games it will be fine

Can a woman be too beautiful? Or a child too quite? Nope Never  

Can a woman be too beautiful? Or a child too quite? Nope Never  

Then your saying a city sized monitor viewed from a tower is better?

Cant be anything more subjective than "beautiful".

And quiet children are disturbing...