mic has a lot of background noise.

rainbrodash666

with my "new" mic I have to use a lot of boost to be audible, is there any way to do that without increasing background noise?

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Put it closer to your face? Make sure it isnt plugged into line input

what is the line imput is it the jacks in the back of your pc where there is six instead of the 2 at the front?

You may be able to boost it without increasing background noise, you either need to get a better mic or maybe find a mic pre-amp to use with it if possible...

what is the line imput is it the jacks in the back of your pc where there is six instead of the 2 at the front?

line in is the blue one, mic is pink. Line in is for plugging your phone or tablet into and you can repeat its audio into the speakers. The mic on the front is sometimes both a mic or line in and just look through the settings to figure out what its set to. The line in is basically a mic jack but it doesnt amplify it.

line in is the blue one, mic is pink. Line in is for plugging your phone or tablet into and you can repeat its audio into the speakers. The mic on the front is sometimes both a mic or line in and just look through the settings to figure out what its set to. The line in is basically a mic jack but it doesnt amplify it.

nope my mic is plugged itno the red in the back of my pc when i plug i in the front along with the headphones (green) it is a decent volume but i can hear this contant buzzing sound

nope my mic is plugged itno the red in the back of my pc when i plug i in the front along with the headphones (green) it is a decent volume but i can hear this contant buzzing sound

how long is the cable on the mic? Sounds like it might be mains hum/interferance. Wrap the entire cable in tinfoil and take the end of the tinfoil covered cable and somehow electrically connect it to somewhere metal on the PC case, as well as the metal housing on the mic (if it is metal). This dramatically reduced the hum/hiss on my 150w amp, and the same could happen with the mic if the cable is long and unshielded.

how long is the cable on the mic? Sounds like it might be mains hum/interferance. Wrap the entire cable in tinfoil and take the end of the tinfoil covered cable and somehow electrically connect it to somewhere metal on the PC case, as well as the metal housing on the mic (if it is metal). This dramatically reduced the hum/hiss on my 150w amp, and the same could happen with the mic if the cable is long and unshielded.

do you know any other soltions that seems that it would look horrrible xD thanks