Question about Motherboard.

you would be better off with a z97 board especially for that price you could get a good MSI gaming or Gigabyte Gaming board 

you would be better off with a z97 board especially for that price you could get a good MSI gaming or Gigabyte Gaming board 

The cheapest z97 is only $15 more, but I just wanted to know if I could save a little.

H97 wouldn't be a good board. Like said above me a z97 board is so much better.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Yeah but I have a Z97 already picked out, I just wanted to know if I could save a bit, and I'm going with Mini-ITX. BUt thank you for the sugesstion!

ya going with an Hseries will set your OCing ability back significantly vs. a Z97 option 

i think he wants mini itx.

i dont know if you can oc on mini itx board but on all the other motherboards you can. h81 b85 doesnt matter

H97 wouldn't be a good board. Like said above me a z97 board is so much better.

at overclocking you mean? couse other than that h97 is the same as z97. excelent boards . and all chipsets can overclock the pentium but i dont know about mini itx boards

i think he wants mini itx.

i dont know if you can oc on mini itx board but on all the other motherboards you can. h81 b85 doesnt matter

at overclocking you mean? couse other than that h97 is the same as z97. excelent boards . and all chipsets can overclock the pentium but i dont know about mini itx boards

Does the size of the motherboard make a difference in overclocking? That seems a little strange to me...

Does the size of the motherboard make a difference in overclocking? That seems a little strange to me...

with size comes better cooling to your capacitors components but if you go with something like the Asus z97 ROG inpact board then there will be little difference. 

no but maybe asus in the specific bios for this specific board didnt implement pentium oc. but i think you should be able to oc the pentium since all boards have this feature.

so aparently you can oc http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1138790

I hate got a b85 mobo and my g3258 oc's fine so IF you must have it i say go for it