Are Beats headphones what everyone says about them?

danixdlolz
Go to solution Solved by Genesis1800,

This is quite a loaded question because there is no true answer to it. A lot will jump on the hate wagon and just say they suck because others have said it. People that like them will say they are the best thing they have ever heard. I hear both of these every day. I am an Apple employee and my job is Beats technical troubleshooting and support so you could say I have a lot of experience with the headset. The one and only thing that determines if this is a good headset or not is your own ears. Are the over done in bass? Yes. Are the over done in Highs? Yes. That is the target demographic for this headset though. Beats headsets are not made for country, classic rock, or any other form of rock. They are targeted at Rap and Pop. If that music is not your kind of music chances are you will not like them, but others do. No one opinion matters on the subject of a good headset, because every ones ears are different. Myself I have really sensitive hearing so I prefer something with a neutral sound with a little bass boost. Your ears are the determining factor of the headset. No one is wrong because they like them. Just because someone likes them doesn't mean "they don't know what good audio sounds like" that's just what they like. You don't go around telling people that they don't have good taste buds because one likes Coke and one likes Pepsi, we are all different.

The title says it all. Are this headphones really a piece of crap for their price? Or is it all a stereotype?

They're just a fashion accessory. 

They're actually crap believe it or not.

It's just that my little brother is obssesed with buying beats, and I just can't make him understand that they are crap

No a $20 pair of Sony headphones sound better.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

No a $20 pair of Sony headphones sound better.

Lel. What headphones would you recommend for 100 bucks, instead of the Beats?

well it depends, do you care about appearances. if so go for them.

Do you want a lot of bass, get the m50x, they do bass but they do it tighter.

and then if you want something else thats a whole different discussion for another time.

I do not recommend them in their current state.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Those that like them are usually people who either: Don't know what good audio sounds like. Or only want bass, even if that bass is bad, they want nothing but bass. 

Still crap headphones. :P 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

and then if you want something else thats a whole different discussion for another time.

The best bang for buck $100 headphones, with balanced high quality sound.

they absolutely are. but then again what would you expect from 300$ headphones that are made of pure glossy plastic?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The best bang for buck $100 headphones, with balanced high quality sound.

they arent balanced but they have high quality. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is all you need to know - http://allhiphop.com/2014/05/13/dr-dres-beats-by-dre-cost-an-estimated-14-to-make/

It's all in the marketing. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

The title says it all. Are this headphones really a piece of crap for their price? Or is it all a stereotype?

I like http://www.head-fi.org/for all of my audiophile information, and on that website they mostly say Beats are crap. It's like alienware. They take a sub-par product, put it in a fancy case, and mark up the price

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

This is quite a loaded question because there is no true answer to it. A lot will jump on the hate wagon and just say they suck because others have said it. People that like them will say they are the best thing they have ever heard. I hear both of these every day. I am an Apple employee and my job is Beats technical troubleshooting and support so you could say I have a lot of experience with the headset. The one and only thing that determines if this is a good headset or not is your own ears. Are the over done in bass? Yes. Are the over done in Highs? Yes. That is the target demographic for this headset though. Beats headsets are not made for country, classic rock, or any other form of rock. They are targeted at Rap and Pop. If that music is not your kind of music chances are you will not like them, but others do. No one opinion matters on the subject of a good headset, because every ones ears are different. Myself I have really sensitive hearing so I prefer something with a neutral sound with a little bass boost. Your ears are the determining factor of the headset. No one is wrong because they like them. Just because someone likes them doesn't mean "they don't know what good audio sounds like" that's just what they like. You don't go around telling people that they don't have good taste buds because one likes Coke and one likes Pepsi, we are all different.

had a pair and they lasted me around 3 years, just like any other product you would buy, if you take care of them, theyll take care of you :)

they worked great until i finally sold them because i found myself using them less and less not because of quality issues (they obv got scratched up a lil bit and whatnot from general use and wear) but because it was easier to travel with my earpods for things like school and whatnot and im not necessarily an audiophile either, so the downgrade to my earpods wasnt really anything i cared for

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My $40 neverheardofthem headphones sound better.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Best damn answer.

in what world do M50x's have a lot of bass..?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

The last gen-Beats I tried were pretty good. If somebody wants a fashion accessory, well, sometimes a $300 accessory ends up being far cheaper than what some girls wear. I don't think it works as one though.

Ruthlessly hating Beats without trying out the new ones is kindda dumb. There a lot of non-regulars in this thread, so the IQ has dropped some.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

in what world do M50x's have a lot of bass..?

i found that they had too much treble then again they were my friends pair and i only used them for 30 minutes. he could have a bad pair.

Listen if you care.

For $200, beats solo 2 is pretty good. Good enough to go innerfidelity wall of fame with v-moda xs and sennheiser urbanite. If your brother is looking for bass heavy headphone for top 40 music or EDMs, solo 2 is a pretty solid choice. Granted it doesn't win the price / performance award but for a fashion accessory / headphone, again they're pretty good.

Personally I would go with sennheiser HD-25 since it's well known to be really robust and sound good. 

Anyone that just jumps in and say how their $20-40 headphones sound better than latest gen of beats, for pete's sake please grow a brain. I own a $200 headphone and $500 iem, I would rate beats solo 2 at $120-140 to be a really good buy

For $200, beats solo 2 is pretty good. Good enough to go innerfidelity wall of fame with v-moda xs and sennheiser urbanite. If your brother is looking for bass heavy headphone for top 40 music or EDMs, solo 2 is a pretty solid choice. Granted it doesn't win the price / performance award but for a fashion accessory / headphone, again they're pretty good.

Personally I would go with sennheiser HD-25 since it's well known to be really robust and sound good.

Anyone that just jumps in and say how their $20-40 headphones sound better than latest gen of beats, for pete's sake please grow a brain. I own a $200 headphone and $500 iem, I would rate beats solo 2 at $120-140 to be a really good buy

It feels like nobody is willing to actually try them with an open mind anymore. I've never actually tried any of the new beats. The looks aren't for me, so there is no reason for me to try them. I listened to some first gen ones, and they were terrible. But that's only the first gen over ears. I would do as xtroria did and give them a listen. I have two $500 over ears, a $250 iem, and a $500 iem with a $225 cable. (The cable was more because it looks cool than anything else) this stuff is all subjective. I listen to my over ears more than my expensive iems. It's just about taste. While I don't think that the sound or durability of the new beats is anything to write home about for the price, I think that the fashion statement that they make (if you're into it, of course) makes them worth it. It's all about the whole package, not just the sound. At least, I think that's how it is for people that buy them.

And there I go rambling again...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

As many others have said, Beats are an overpriced fashion accessory...I would go with Sony, skullcandy or audio technica brands.

You can get HD600s for the same price as the studio... Even if they're not shit, they can't compete with that.