My 2nd build, wanting advice.

In the UK anyway the 4770k is cheaper

I've got one myself and have to admit that it's a beast! Overkill if anything!

In the UK anyway the 4770k is cheaper

I've got one myself and have to admit that it's a beast! Overkill if anything!

Since his budget allows it, I would spend the extra 15 quid for a better overclocker.

sweet what ive got so far is!

change the CPU to the 4770k or if i want a better OC to spend abit more on the 4790K?

find myself a cheaper Motherboard.
change the SSD to something like a 60gb save abit of money.
what about the power supply? i picked a 750w, but i dont think i need a 750w. any advice there?

also it would be nice to have the room for expansion but i cant be sure i will use it. so maybe 2 pci slots on the mobo, and keep the 750w PSU? incase i ever want to stick another 980 in there?

How much are you planning to Overclock?

as much as i can. and like i think stconquest said its only an extra £15 or so for the 4790k

think ive decided on the  MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard like stconquest suggested. its got all i need with room for expansion and at a far reduced price over the sabertooth. and with a handy mSATA slot i may or may not use. also it fits with the red on black colours im wanting to use.

thanks for finding that Stconquest :)

Your defo going to need a good cooler then! Not Intel stock

yea ive already listed the H110i as the cooler im going for.

sweet what ive got so far is!

change the CPU to the 4770k or if i want a better OC to spend abit more on the 4790K?

find myself a cheaper Motherboard.

change the SSD to something like a 60gb save abit of money.

what about the power supply? i picked a 750w, but i dont think i need a 750w. any advice there?

also it would be nice to have the room for expansion but i cant be sure i will use it. so maybe 2 pci slots on the mobo, and keep the 750w PSU? incase i ever want to stick another 980 in there?

Don't get a small SSD as you will regret it. I would say that 250GB is a good size for a gaming pc.

The power supply is way overkill for that build, you could use a 550 watt PSU if you wanted.

Yours Sincerely,

The Beast,

Sean Mullen

Also, the mobo is £180 which is extremely expensive, you could get one for ≈£100 that would look and perform the same.

Yours Sincerely,

The Beast,

Sean Mullen

Here is my suggestion.

The 4790K is worth the bit extra for the improved thermals and higher stock clock speed.

Phanteks cooler is excellent if you don't mind an air cooler.

Can't go wrong with Gigabyte boards imo. The Gaming 7 is a good solid board.

Nice size SSD that can fit windows and a few games on it. 

Gigabyte G1 is a good overclocking card.

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe is a nice case. It also has exterior LED lighting and optional strips that you can buy for the interior.

EVGA G2 is one of the best psu's for the price/performance. Don't confuse it with the inferior NEX models.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.00 @ Amazon UK) 

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (£67.38 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£124.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£85.46 @ More Computers) 

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£70.49 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£449.99 @ Novatech) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  (£111.84 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £1261.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-23 11:15 BST+0100

The power supply is way overkill for that build, you could use a 550 watt PSU if you wanted.

yea i plan on changing

Also, the mobo is £180 which is extremely expensive, you could get one for ≈£100 that would look and perform the same.

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard is the new motherboard i plan on getting its about £80

Here is my suggestion.

The 4790K is worth the bit extra for the improved thermals and higher stock clock speed.

Phanteks cooler is excellent if you don't mind an air cooler.

Can't go wrong with Gigabyte boards imo. The Gaming 7 is a good solid board.

Nice size SSD that can fit windows and a few games on it. 

Gigabyte G1 is a good overclocking card.

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe is a nice case. It also has exterior LED lighting and optional strips that you can buy for the interior.

EVGA G2 is one of the best psu's for the price/performance. Don't confuse it with the inferior NEX models.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (£67.38 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£124.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£85.46 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£70.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£449.99 @ Novatech) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  (£111.84 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1261.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-23 11:15 BST+0100

awesome to see so many wanting to help thanks bro, im fairly set with the case im getting as it just personal preference.

probs going with the 4790K, and the h110i for the cooler i heard great things about it from friends.

as for the motherboard i think the  MSI Z97-G45 is the one im going for its a great price and has all i need, and as a bonus it fits with the red on black colours 

im still undecided about the SSD but i do think im going to go abit bigger like you said, something about 250gb what do you think about m.2 drives? are they any better speed wise?

thanks again for the help picking to all.

actually i think ive changed my mind and will go for the asus z97-pro for the motherboard as it has the m.2 slot, and sata express should i want to do that. and i think i do.