My 2nd build, wanting advice.

Hi, im going to undertake my 2nd ever pc build, my first was a great success no problems but i regret some of the parts i picked, now im looking for some advice on parts.
The aim is to build a beast that will last years (6ish) like my last, and still be able to play modern games and! live stream these games.

The budget is about £1400 but if possible, obviously i want to save money anyway i can, im not one for spending money i dont need to.

I have stuck all the parts i was going to pick in a list here but if anyone can see any issues here or just general advice, please let me know.

If i have picked some stupid parts or anything like that feel free to call me a fool and tell me what i should change :D

Side notes, im going for a red on black look, i have plenty of HDD's already. streaming wise i could use my old pc as a streaming pc, and would like to have 2 monitors running. i will need a new OS for it probs windows 7. as im sure you figured out, i am from England so ill be using GBP (£) it will be used to play basically every game, from CS to the upcoming ARK.

Thanks in advance! advice is greatly appreciated.

why the 4770k over the 4790k? is it cheaper, or did you not consider the 4790k?

If you want to save money:

get a cheaper mobo makes no difference

get a cheaper ssd makes almost no difference

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

E3 1231 V3 Xeon is cheaper and the exact same as an i5 but it has no integrated graphics and has no ability to overclock. Amazing CPU though

If you are looking for a possible future sli, go for asus z97-A, sabertooth is a bit overkill. 

for the ssd look for crucial mx100 or bx100, those are much cheaper and it doesnt offer too much of a difference in performance. Personally recommend a 120gb ssd or 250gb ssd for the operating system and start on boot programs... 

and yes, the i7-4790k would be a better option. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Hi, im going to undertake my 2nd ever pc build, my first was a great success no problems but i regret some of the parts i picked, now im looking for some advice on parts.

The aim is to build a beast that will last years (6ish) like my last, and still be able to play modern games and! live stream these games.

The budget is about £1400 but if possible, obviously i want to save money anyway i can, im not one for spending money i dont need to.

I have stuck all the parts i was going to pick in a list here but if anyone can see any issues here or just general advice, please let me know.

If i have picked some stupid parts or anything like that feel free to call me a fool and tell me what i should change :D

Side notes, im going for a red on black look, i have plenty of HDD's already. streaming wise i could use my old pc as a streaming pc, and would like to have 2 monitors running. i will need a new OS for it probs windows 7. as im sure you figured out, i am from England so ill be using GBP (£) it will be used to play basically every game, from CS to the upcoming ARK.

Thanks in advance! advice is greatly appreciated.

lol you edited the list as I was opening it to compare what i changed to what you had

E3 1231 V3 Xeon is cheaper and the exact same as an i5 but it has no integrated graphics and has no ability to overclock. Amazing CPU though

I wouldnt recommend Xeon's for normal everyday consumer use though... It is not optimized for single core high performance. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

I wouldnt recommend Xeon's for normal everyday consumer use though... It is not optimized for single core high performance. 

This post is entirely wrong. The Xeon E3 1231 V3 is a 3.4 GHz haswell based CPU, and therefore performs identically to an i7 at 3.4 GHz (except the Xeon has no iGPU). The reason not to go Xeon is that all Xeons are locked and you really want to overclock to get the most out of your CPU, which is why the i7-4790k (when paired with a Z97 mobo and aftermarket cooler) is the superior choice. If you don't overclock, then the Xeon is a perfectly fine choice.

This post is entirely wrong. The Xeon E3 1231 V3 is a 3.4 GHz haswell based CPU, and therefore performs identically to an i7 at 3.4 GHz (except the Xeon has no iGPU). The reason not to go Xeon is that all Xeons are locked and you really want to overclock to get the most out of your CPU, which is why the i7-4790k (when paired with a Z97 mobo and aftermarket cooler) is the superior choice. If you don't overclock, then the Xeon is a perfectly fine choice.

Was about to say this but just saw this thread. Also, what they said about the ssd and mobo is decent advice. IF you want the build as of now to last 6 yrs min, why buy a sli mobo. Kinda defeats the purpose. Also, toss in a hard drive. And you can get a cheaper case but equal quality, but its up to you on that one.

why the 4770k over the 4790k? is it cheaper, or did you not consider the 4790k?

i hadn't even considered it to be honest, but i will now.

yea you right, i only picked the sabertooth coz the "armor" looks awesome, and im used to Asus, but i will deffo reconsider.

also the SSD i didnt look into much you have any recommendations?

I will be overclocking as much as i can.

This would be awesome if you could get the second 980, but if not get one and its well under budget.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£233.94 @ Aria PC) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£78.29 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£97.25 @ Ebuyer) 

Memory: Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£43.71 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£76.98 @ Aria PC) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£429.98 @ Novatech) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£429.98 @ Novatech) 

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£82.55 @ Ebuyer) 

Total: £1535.99

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-22 20:38 BST+0100

Your call, for ssd only thing its used for usually is boot, so any quality one with atleast 60 gigs is good.

Was about to say this but just saw this thread. Also, what they said about the ssd and mobo is decent advice. IF you want the build as of now to last 6 yrs min, why buy a sli mobo. Kinda defeats the purpose. Also, toss in a hard drive. And you can get a cheaper case but equal quality, but its up to you on that one.

i already have like 8TB of HDD's so ill be reusing some of them

Ignore, thought my other post didnt go through.

This would be awesome if you could get the second 980, but if not get one and its well under budget.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£233.94 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£78.29 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£97.25 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£43.71 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£76.98 @ Aria PC) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£82.55 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £1535.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-22 20:38 BST+0100

looks awesome but dont think im willing to spend that kinda money on a gaming pc :D

looks awesome but dont think im willing to send that kinda money on a gaming pc :D

Are you set on nividia? Or are you willing to use amd gpus?

Are you set on nividia? Or are you willing to use amd gpus?

ive never tried or seen what amd can do, stick with the devil you know and all that jass :D

ive never tried or seen what amd can do, stick with the devil you know and all that jass :D

You should check them out. There gpus are more than defeitnltly on par with nivida, if not better. Then again some games are optimized for amd, some nividia so it depends on  what your doing.

You should check them out. There gpus are more than defeitnltly on par with nivida, if not better. Then again some games are optimized for amd, some nividia so it depends on  what your doing.

yea i know, but i have no idea what games work best on what, and i play so many games i would rather pay the extra money for something i know works.

Don't listen to that guy ^. Every build request he puts that freesync monitor in and makes the rest of the computer suck to accommodate it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£258.95 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£99.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£88.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  (£49.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Sandisk X110 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£69.58 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£449.99 @ Novatech)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£82.55 @ Ebuyer)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£75.93 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1175.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-22 23:46 BST+0100

Am I the only one wondering why your not using a 4770k over the 4790k? 4770k is cheaper with similar performance and your not going to notice the difference

Am I the only one wondering why your not using a 4770k over the 4790k? 4770k is cheaper with similar performance and your not going to notice the difference

Oops, I thought you meant the opposite.  The 4790K has better thermal efficiency. 

:)