Audi Produces the First Batch of Synthetic Gasoline - E-Benzin

Analog

The product goes by the name of e-benzin (Audi trademarked the 'e-benzin' in 2012, along with 'e-gasoline' and 'e-diesel') but more important, Audi chemists produced the first batch of it.

Now, for the average petrolhead, that's cooler than Walter White's super-pure meth formula, but the green cars supporting community will also love this.

In case you might ask what's so special about this e-benzin, here's something to ease your thirst for knowledge. First of all, the e-benzin is produced without using petroleum. As a consequence, the product is 100-percent iso-octane and shows an octane rating of 100 RON.

Secondly, there are no traces of sulfur on benzene in its composition, which means the e-benzin burns in a clean fashion, without producing residual material. The starting material for the Audi e-benzin is isobutene, a substance produced by Global Bioenergies SA near Reims, in France, from renewable raw materials.

audi-produces-the-first-batch-of-synthet

This is what the article says in more general terms. The entire piece can be read here ->http://www.autoevolution.com/news/audi-produces-the-first-batch-of-synthetical-gasoline-called-e-benzin-95726.html

This is a very nice technological advancement imo, and will make a lot of people in the car industry happy by being for one a lot more eco-friendly and secondly, completely renewable. One more thing that is worth mentioning is that this holds the potential of making petrol a much cheaper commodity compared to now, allowing for car manufacturers to stop artificially bumping up horsepower with turbos and whatnot and go back to the big V8s and V12s of the late 1990s and early 2000s. 

EDIT: This is not a repost of the old topic! the old one was about a different type of fuel - diesel. This is about gasoline, which contrary to what some may think is different and much more interesting for car enthusiasts. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

This is about 1 month old.

Nope, the old topic was about a different type of fuel - diesel. This is about gasoline. ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

This is about 1 month old.

I didn't know. So, for me it's new :P

And that's great! When petroleum ends, we can use this, and still hear those roar from the cars :3

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

"At the moment, the company is looking for solutions to modify the e-benzin production process in such a way that the only ingredients required for the synthetic gasoline would be water, hydrogen, CO2, and sunlight."

Soon plants will be able to produce gasoline.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Hopefully this takes off, research like this clearly shows that we have the technology to do it. Oil companies just don't give a damn about the environment and fossil fuels . All they care about is their ludicrous profits.[emoji106]

Hopefully funds will actually get filtered into further research, development and production. Rather than the idea dying out a couple of months down the line, which usually happens will developments like this. 

Wo wäre die Welt ohne deutsche Ingenieure...

And that's great! When petroleum ends, we can use this, and still hear those roar from the cars :3

Sadly not really. It's still waaaaay too expensive on a large scale. That little bit that you see in the photo is probably all they have produced. The process is energetically too costly in order to be a real competition to fossil resources or even other existing renewable resources.

Free marked sucks sometimes. :D

who cares...

Sadly not really. It's still waaaaay too expensive on a large scale. That little bit that you see in the photo is probably all they have produced. The process is energetically too costly in order to be a real competition to fossil resources or even other existing renewable resources.

That's where studies, evolution and time enter the equation ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Lab grown beef was $300,000 for a patty at the beginning. Now it's $10. Free market has nothing to do with it, though oil tycoons will fight tooth and nail to limit this progress

This is great and all, but can I still huff it and get high? Because we all know that's what's important here. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

is this related lol:

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Sweet. If it's cheap enough and becomes mainstream, regular petrol can kiss my ass for the most part.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

is this related lol:

-snip

What the hell did I just watch? WHY ISN'T THE MIND BLEACH WORKING?!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

is this related lol:

-Sobbing snip-

What.. why was.. how is that.. *Curls up in to corner and sobs*

What.. why was.. how is that.. *Curls up in to corner and sobs*

BrainBleachKitteh.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"artificially bumping up horsepower with turbos"

There is nothing "Artificial" about the power you get from a turbo charged motor.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Like every other story about this. Its not efficient at all. you need to put MUCH more energy in than you get out. Its a nice idea but no practical use.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

There is nothing "Artificial" about the power you get from a turbo charged motor.

I do not understand why people do not like the fact that you can use energy, that would have just been wasted, into making more horsepower?

of course, it makes small eco boxes have better MPG, but look at BMW M4, incredible amount of power and torque 

Everything that is not naturally aspirated and gains power through a turbo is artificial for me. I really hate when manufacturers put like a high compression 1.6i engine with a turbo in modern cars... I would very much prefer to see a strait six or a V6 in there. Having all of the power imediately is better, imo. ;) 

If you can get a Tesla hybrid and use this e-bezin instead of petrol, now we're talking range AND cleanliness. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Everything that is not naturally aspirated and gains power through a turbo is artificial for me. I really hate when manufacturers put like a high compression 1.6i engine with a turbo in modern cars... I would very much prefer to see a strait six or a V6 in there. Having all of the power imediately is better, imo. ;)

Na does not always mean instant power. Take the bmw s54 from the e46 m3 for example. Its max power come on at a very high rpm. its all about how the car is tuned and how the power is meant to be used. There are plenty of turbo charged motors that have no noticeable turbo lag because they are built well. Power is power. There is nothing artificial about the power that you get from a turbocharger. Its forced induction and has the same kind of effect as a supercharger.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Awesome.  It does need to be a process that can be massively and economically scaled, though.  This world is hella thirsty for gasoline, and I don't think it's on a downward trend.  It needs to be a cheap enough process such that it can compete with SuperCheapEnviroMurderNukeTheGround conventional methods.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

"At the moment, the company is looking for solutions to modify the e-benzin production process in such a way that the only ingredients required for the synthetic gasoline would be water, hydrogen, CO2, and sunlight."

Soon plants will be able to produce gasoline.

Well, since gasoline comes from fossilized plants and trees, they already produce gasoline xD.

My friend, you just watched (and heard) a type of shitty music called Reggaeton, yup it's crap don't get near it again.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.