[Updated, more brands]New MX RGB keyboards form Computex 2015

Now if only the keyboard companies would realize that if I'm going to pay $150+ for an RGB keyboard, it better have an option to be blindingly bright. Disappointed with how "bright" or more accurately, not bright, this corsair RGB k65 is.

Orange looks more like brown, and purple looks more like blue. Also, translucent keycaps please.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How about some NEW KEYBOARDS ffs

so sick of companies dropping in RGB switches (whatever the brand) and saying "that should cover all product releases this year"

Then look out for Cherry's new Real Touch i think is what they are calling it, its gonna cost around $220 usd with a full alunium body with brand new switches. Its aimed at typest and gamers that are looking for the fastest switch response on the market.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Then look out for Cherry's new Real Touch i think is what they are calling it, its gonna cost around $220 usd with a full alunium body with brand new switches. Its aimed at typest and gamers that are looking for the fastest switch response on the market.

so that's one new keyboard in how long?.......... -__-

Now if only the keyboard companies would realize that if I'm going to pay $150+ for an RGB keyboard, it better have an option to be blindingly bright. Disappointed with how "bright" or more accurately, not bright, this corsair RGB k65 is.

Orange looks more like brown, and purple looks more like blue. Also, translucent keycaps please.

have you seen a G910 in person? it's even worse xD and same problems with lighting, white is tinted blue, very weak. only the darker/colored colors are strong. funny how Logitech loves to tout uniform lighting in the marketing about the switch

reboxed it for a return within minutes. such a joke

Technically its been a year because its just new switches.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Well, it may be cheaper but if the quality isn't good for the price (when 50$ gets you better) I would personally still go for Corsair/X. I do prefer build quality/overall quality but looks matter at some point too and a lot of the time lower priced items don't look good.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Looks cool, but I'll stick with my K70 RGB, never had any problems with it and I've never felt like the build quality was shoddy.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

have you seen a G910 in person? it's even worse xD and same problems with lighting, white is tinted blue, very weak. only the darker/colored colors are strong. funny how Logitech loves to tout uniform lighting in the marketing about the switch

reboxed it for a return within minutes. such a joke

Sounds terrible.

All I know is that corsair messed up with this thing. It's RGB but....it just doesn't have the color intensity that it should. Translucent key caps would go a long way towards that. Translucent ones that had a "light spreading" effect. Not like frosted plastic/glass, more like a prism.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not really, Razer has a braided cable with USB and Audio Pass through so that is were Corsiar or Ducky need to take a step in that direction to get an advantage. Plus the keycaps on the Blackwidow feel much nicer then the ones that Corsair uses.

razer doesnt have cherry switches but kailh switches which are notorious for bad quality 

i hope these dont cost 80 dollars extra compared to non RGB. ill pay 10 maybe 20 dollars extra but not 80

razer doesnt have cherry switches but kailh switches which are notorious for bad quality 

Razer switched to Kailh switches due to Cherry's MX Blue shortage, I have some issues with my Chroma with the switches, but it looks like Razer's customer support is turning to 100% shit for my RMA for it.

|King Of The Lost|

Razer switched to Kailh switches due to Cherry's MX Blue shortage, I have some issues with my Chroma with the switches, but it looks like Razer's customer support is turning to 100% shit for my RMA for it.

still id prefer not have to have RMA every year until the warranty runs out

still id prefer not have to have RMA every year until the warranty runs out

Its the first RMA for a razer Product I've had to do in almost 5 years of dealing with their stuff. Corsairs keyboards are terrible for me, I had a K70 the arrow key switches were constantly having cracked housings, so I gave up with the K70's and stuck with my K90.

|King Of The Lost|

Its the first RMA for a razer Product I've had to do in almost 5 years of dealing with their stuff. Corsairs keyboards are terrible for me, I had a K70 the arrow key switches were constantly having cracked housings, so I gave up with the K70's and stuck with my K90.

really but the keys are made by cherry and their durability testing was incredible. and the razer keys is made by a chinese company that makes the keys cheaply

really but the keys are made by cherry and their durability testing was incredible. and the razer keys is made by a chinese company that makes the keys cheaply

Yeah, I mean the Kailh switches plastic durability is much better then the cherry switches, but the overall quality control in the end is terrible for them. 

|King Of The Lost|

FINALLY!!! I didn't want to spend that much money on an RGB board. Hopefully, now the prices will drop a little. I don't expect by much though.

FINALLY!!! I didn't want to spend that much money on an RGB board. Hopefully, now the prices will drop a little. I don't expect by much though.

If anything Ducky will cost the most for RGB keyboards.

|King Of The Lost|

If anything Ducky will cost the most for RGB keyboards.

I agree the Shine 5 will probably cost more then the Shine 4 but the good news is there will be other MX RGB boards, hopefully those others will be cheaper for those that want it.

Ducky.  Don't ruin this.  Give us RGB with MX green's, clear's, and ALPS.  As well as TKL.  You may have my money.

Media controls are way more important to me than USB and audio passthroughs, I had both on my Logitech G110 but only ever used the media controls.

Same reason I went from a G110 to a K95. The media keys are damn impossible to get on anything else for some reason.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Ducky still has better build quality and better quality control, but that is a personal opinion.

this

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Not to say I don't like Ducky, I think they make brilliant keyboards and am so glad that they are making MX RGB products, but the whole simple thing is the reason I wouldn't get one. I love the design of the K70, it looks amazing and the media keys are really good, best volume wheel ever. Also, I've never actually held a ducky, but I feel like you can't get better build quality than the full Aluminum construction of the corsair.

But that's all personal opinion really, for any of my friends who look for a clean and simple mechanical, I always point them towards ducky.

I own the k70 rgb, I'm happy with it, but when you say, aluminium construction.. I haven't opened it to see, but I think its only a faceplate .. However we can't deny that ducky have an epic reputation so it gotta be good isn't it?

Still rather go for Corsair over this.

I love my k70, and I like corsair, but ducky is amazing for keyboards. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Ducky.  Don't ruin this.  Give us RGB with MX green's, clear's, and ALPS.  As well as TKL.  You may have my money.

hell even blues I'm happy to see. corsair didn't do blues 

for greens, we can hope, but if not, you can get green switches and swap out the switches in the clear housing. Kind of expensive and tedious, lots of soldering,  but the result is what you want. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

hell even blues I'm happy to see. corsair didn't do blues 

for greens, we can hope, but if not, you can get green switches and swap out the switches in the clear housing. Kind of expensive and tedious, lots of soldering,  but the result is what you want. 

I'd like to avoid soldering :P  And Corsair did give blues, but it was for a short time and they had to cease production.  I just really hope they offer a variety of switches.  Hell--if Ducky can deliver a TKL, RGB, MX-compatible-topre in a 55g weighting--they could charge any amount of money they wanted.  

And a few days after I ordered my rgb KB with greetech switches.

- snip-