which is better? Amd or Intel

DBSQWERTY

Hello

Just wondering which is better. Amd A series or Intel 

The question is a little vague. Better for what? At what level and at what price point? There is no 'universally better' brand, they both have pros and cons.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Intel

no thats a very board way to look at things. You can't compare a whole range vs another range. just not possible.

The A series are APU's they are completely different to Intel chips.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

no thats a very board way to look at things. You can't compare a whole range vs another range. just not possible.

ture, i have a broken finger so i can't type much, so i gave my opinion

before this turns into a flame war:

they both have a time and place where they are needed, and neither are really better overall, it comes down to budget, personal preference and use case.

True, they have weak cores and a strong iGPU instead of strong cores and a weak iGPU (though Intel might be changing that to strong all round, and hopefully AMD will follow suit - or beat Intel to the punch).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hello

You just started a war but generally Intel dominates the market.

answer varies depending on the situation.

Amd has chips with very good onboard graphics for people wanting to game on a budget, while intel has very good single core performance and generally is a better choice in the higher end (very simply put)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

before this turns into a flame war:

they both have a time and place where they are needed, and neither are really better overall, it comes down to budget, personal preference and use case.

When I was looking for my current rigs CPU my budget meant i could get an i5 or an 8350, I do mostly programming, rendering, photoediting so the 8350 was a better choice for me.

I got it and love it

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

It really depends. Right now, Intel (for the most part.) If DirectX 12 can utilizethe higher amounts of cores in AMD's CPU's, then it's going to be close.

This questiion makes no sense. Give use two precise cpus and what you want them for, and we'll tell your which is better.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This questiion makes no sense. Give use two precise cpus and what you want them for, and we'll tell your which is better.

which one should I choose for Gaming: Phenom II X2 550 or i7-5960X (budget: 12k$)

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

which one should I choose for Gaming: Phenom II X2 550 or i7-5960X (budget: 12k$)

Well, absolutely neither. The first is an old and discontinued cpu, and the second one is what, 10 times as expensive?

What resolution do you plan on gaming at, and do you own any other parts already?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, absolutely neither. The first is an old and discontinued cpu, and the second one is what, 10 times as expensive?

What resolution do you plan on gaming at, and do you own any other parts already?

This was an ironic question:) but I'd like to play on an 21:9  5.120 x 2.160 144hz ips Monitor

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

Please, what you really want is a VIA CPU

The VIA c3 line is a baws

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

This was an ironic question:) but I'd like to play on an 21:9  5.120 x 2.160 144hz ips Monitor

There's no such monitor on the market, but you already knew that. Look, are we done playing games yet?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT KISS KISS KISS

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Hello

Do you want a war? Because this is how you get a war!

You need to specify: your purpose, price, other computer parts.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence