Slow internet speed on ASUS AC68U

I got a new router today, the ASUS AC68U because my old one sucked, at first it worked great, speeds were good on all devices.

Now a few hours later the speeds have dropped dramatically on all devices wired or wireless. Iv'e tried turning it off and on, changing settings but I don't know whats wrong with it since it was working great before.

I'm trying to download the newest firmware but it won't work at all through the router and downloading it manually through asus' site doesn't work either, it starts to download then the speed slows down till eventually it hits 0 K/bs and stops.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. 

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

i had two of those fail on me over the course of 2 days, however great they may be, i REALLY dont trust them anymore.

i noticed leaving it unplugged for a few minutes tends to help if these things have issues, you could have a go at that.

is QOS  enabled?

Look through the settings and disable anything that is not being used, and maybe check if your bands are overlapping with other routers (unlikely to be the problem as lan is also slow)

look at the patch notes for the firmware update, and if they apply to you, then get it by any means (3g?)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

is QOS  enabled?

Look through the settings and disable anything that is not being used, and maybe check if your bands are overlapping with other routers (unlikely to be the problem as lan is also slow)

look at the patch notes for the firmware update, and if they apply to you, then get it by any means (3g?)

It is enabled but I've tried turning it off and still has the same problem

The channel band was on auto but I changed it to one that isn't being used and it didn't help either.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

flash the router with the asus merlin firmware

the default firmware has alot of bugs

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bkfq2a6aebq68/Asuswrt-Merlin#qc4e5xc252czd

works so much better with the newer firmware

make sure you flash it with INTERNET EXPLORER

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile