In 1 hour you will be in 1950

Guest Console Peasant

What information would you bring with you?

What would you research?

What is the most influential thing that you can tell these people in the 50s?

This question has baffled my mind, I honestly don't know where to begin

in the 50's we already had most stuff figured out. Just bring information to speed up early development of batteries and transistors. Also LCD, man LCD should have been invented faster.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

my phone and charger, even though it doesn't have much use there but people will think it's cool

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

One gun and two bullets for good measure. Why would you even go to a time that has neither dragons nor internet?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Take lots of vinyl, the 1950's were sadly lacking in drum & bass and house music.

a pc with tons of oflline games

Im scared.. Its cold.. Please i dont want to be deleted.. I wanna sing!

i would just tell them what life will be in 2015

What would you research?

A simple piece of laminated paper... on it:

-Result of every major sporting event

-Every large stock market fluctuation

-Winning numbers for every superball lottery

Assuming that you appearing in the past doesnt disrupt the timeline, causing everything on the paper to be useless...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Money to invest in IBM and Microsoft/Apple.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

A large log book containing profitable stock movements.

A physical copy of Wikipedia printed in multiple books.

Tons of books written by philosophers of our time.

A modern firearm for protection.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'd bring a massive server with all the relevant information to speed up the growth of technology as well as designs for solar panels to stop global warming before it began. And a ton of money to invest in Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Ati, Apple, Microsoft, valve, etc. And become the most influential person in technology.

- snip-

do i stay there ? if so id research wich stocks to buy and become perversely rich. if my stay there is limited id probably tell them about turbo engines and battery technology. but idealy id grab some good whisky and return to my time. 

also somehow im thinking of the 50's as mafia 2 based scenario because the 50's in germany sucked ass.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I would build a PC and collect massive amounts of data to take with me, as detailed "footprint" of today's knowledge and achievements as possible. Expose the modern history as it transpired with intent to change it for the better but who knows...

It would have taken them a while to reverse engineer a i7 or a Titan X but "smuggling" a PC 60 years back in time, with or without a digital footprint of today's world would alter the present immensely.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

ill become the offical white house fortune tellers correspondant....and then rule the world

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Two words

Sports almanac ;)

9 more minutes until I am in 1950! Can't wait!

9 more minutes until I am in 1950! Can't wait!

make sure to share what youll be bringing!

make sure to share what youll be bringing!

You liar! I was never transported to 1950

You liar! I was never transported to 1950

At least you didn't get your dick stuck in something like with the How To Basic tutorials.

Vaccines and penicillin. + Modern medical equipment. 

Other than that i'd probably be perfectly happy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I would bring a book of all the major historical events from the 1950's to the present day. From famines, terrorism, wars and economics. From science to communication. Everything we would need to than plan a better future.

What would you research?

Society, culture, religion and politics.

I've seen the future so if there is one piece of advice I can give you it would be for all nations of the world to disarm before the proliferation of weapons and small arms fills the globe.

What would you research?

What would I bring to the 50s ? The greatest mind on Earth ... I could meet Einstein ... Woo !!! 

The cure to the spanish flu ... 

Tell them that they will be great person If they never stop trying ... That way I could accelerate the developement ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Multiple devices with wikipedia torrent loaded on them, offline games, usb, books (ALL THE FICTION/NON-FICTION BOOKS).

First couple years learn and play with my tech, get familiar with people. Figure out organizations and important people. Anything that you can learn in first two years as university student is probably something that is advanced until the 80s. You have plenty of time to learn electrical engineering and chemistry to become rich. Make sure to destroy the devices or hide them well (hence the couple of years to learn your surroundings) so others don't get access to it.

edit:

Meet all the legendary people of their time. Help them finish their work quicker and help to hint at other ideas to get there faster. Sad that it will be 7 years after tesla dies.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

I would bring a book of all the major historical events from the 1950's to the present day. From famines, terrorism, wars and economics. From science to communication. Everything we would need to than plan a better future.

What would you research?

Society, culture, religion and politics.

I've seen the future so if there is one piece of advice I can give you it would be for all nations of the world to disarm before the proliferation of weapons and small arms fills the globe.

Yeah. . . That probably wouldn't happen, not during the Cold War.