5960x vs E5 2699-v3

I'm building a rig for gaming and workstation and i want to know if i should get e5 2699 v3 or a 5960x

My Specs are:

X99-E WS

Either Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2400mhz or Cruical 128GB ECC DDR4

ASUS GTX TITAN X 3-way SLI

PNY QUADRO K6000

ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX II

2X CORSAIR AX1500I

WD 48TB Red (8x 6TB) RAID 10 ARRAY 

4x Kingston SSDNow KC310 960GB SATA III Enterprise SSD RAID 0 ARRAY 

LSI 9260-8i RAID Card

i know its overkill and the number of ssd is not recommended but i will do nightly backups  :D 

I'm building a rig for gaming and workstation and i want to know if i should get e5 2699 v3 or a 5960x

My Specs are:

X99-E WS

PNY QUADRO K6000

2X CORSAIR AX1500I

LSI 9260-8i RAID Card

i know its overkill and the number of ssd is not recommended but i will do nightly backups  :D 

e5 2699 v3 is an $8,000 prossesor so have fun affording that

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

My Specs are:

X99-E WS

PNY QUADRO K6000

2X CORSAIR AX1500I

LSI 9260-8i RAID Card

The quiestion is do you really want to spent 3500$ more on a CPU that will stay far behind when it comes to single core power compared to those beast of GPUS?

What i am trying to say is that GPUs will be FAR FAR ahead of the CPU when it comes to gaming and i am pretty sure the XEON will hold you down when it comes to games.

I would go for 5960x!!

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

bear in mind, my work will include 3d modelling,rendering,animation and movie style video editing

Meh go for the 5960x.

it would be best going for the pentium k but what evs /s

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

bear in mind, my work will include 3d modelling,rendering,animation and movie style video editing

And the fact that the 5960x bottlenecks 3x TitanXs.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

*$4500

in america , not up here in canada lmao  https://www.mikescomputershop.com/product/4462111thats my local pc shops price

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

I have a feeling that thumbnail is not right..lol

lol its just a thubmnail , the shop is decent. altho their shipping times are way longer then it should be

Spoiler
Spoiler

i almost forgot, im going surround 4k

This has to be a troll or some shit like that

ok i thought of it, the 5960x will be my processor because 8 cores i feel could be enough for my work and i found out you can use cuda or gpu for 3d rendering

How do you have so much money to spend???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is almost like the part list I made for when I win the lottery!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

To be honest I'm smelling a troll, but this really seems to be a case of someone thinking they need something much more powerful than they actually need. I find in most cases people saying "serious rendering" mean putting up a video to 47 YouTube subscribers.

To be honest I'm smelling a troll, but this really seems to be a case of someone thinking they need something much more powerful than they actually need. I find in most cases people saying "serious rendering" mean putting up a video to 47 YouTube subscribers.

Exactly. Minecraft does not count as 3d rendering.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Yes, but does it play minecraft. No seriously though, this reeks of troll post.

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

My Specs are:

X99-E WS

PNY QUADRO K6000

2X CORSAIR AX1500I

LSI 9260-8i RAID Card

You need Nvidia Tesla K80 for Minecraft and YouTube.