LOOKING FOR AMD USERS WITH WATERCOOLING LOOPS: 

Okay so Im running an AMD fx 8370, and I just added a kraken x41 cpu cooler, and I've noticed temps are higher than they were with my hyper 212. I run about 41 degrees on idle. 

Questions: 

Those of you with AMD things (especially the 8350 or 8370)- what temps do you get with water cooled amd stuff? What temps should I expect? 

Do I have a faulty cooler? This is really concerning me!! 

I was getting 35 idle with my hyper 212... 

Are water coolers good for keeping the temperature consistent or just slowing down the increase in temperature? 

Like if I have a stress test running, will I see the same temps as idle, and only see a minuscule increase in temps? Or will I notice they work like air coolers and just slow down the increase?

Thanks for the help 

I really want to build an oil-immersed PC  ^_^

LOOKING FOR AMD USERS WITH WATERCOOLING LOOPS: 

Okay so Im running an AMD fx 8370, and I just added a kraken x41 cpu cooler, and I've noticed temps are higher than they were with my hyper 212. I run about 41 degrees on idle. 

Questions: 

Those of you with AMD things (especially the 8350 or 8370)- what temps do you get with water cooled amd stuff? What temps should I expect? 

Do I have a faulty cooler? This is really concerning me!! 

I was getting 35 idle with my hyper 212... 

Are water coolers good for keeping the temperature consistent or just slowing down the increase in temperature? 

Like if I have a stress test running, will I see the same temps as idle, and only see a minuscule increase in temps? Or will I notice they work like air coolers and just slow down the increase?

Thanks for the help 

Did you clamp it down tight ? Did you use thermal paste ? The fans in the right direction? Any knots or bends in the tubbing ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Did you clamp it down tight ? Did you use thermal paste ? The fans in the right direction? Any knots or bends in the tubbing ?

Yes, Yes, Yes, and No. I don't want to check my thermal paste because I've changed it 3 times with no difference and the spread looked decent every time. My rad doesn't fit right against the case so I added a fan as a spacer so I'm doing a push/pull thing. How will push pull affect the performance? Keep in mind that intel cpus TDP is like 88 i think and AMD is 125 so is this a reasonable temperature? 

Yes, Yes, Yes, and No. I don't want to check my thermal paste because I've changed it 3 times with no difference and the spread looked decent every time. My rad doesn't fit right against the case so I added a fan as a spacer so I'm doing a push/pull thing. How will push pull affect the performance? Keep in mind that intel cpus TDP is like 88 i think and AMD is 125 so is this a reasonable temperature? 

Can you hear the fluid flowing through the tubes and pump? If not, your pump may be faulty

Can you hear the fluid flowing through the tubes and pump? If not, your pump may be faulty

Can't hear anything, however I feel something on the tubing and also the CAM software is displaying a pump speed. I know that the LED would blink red if there were problems.. Then again the CAM software is awful :') 

Can't hear anything, however I feel something on the tubing and also the CAM software is displaying a pump speed. I know that the LED would blink red if there were problems.. Then again the CAM software is awful :') 

Really not sure than... like you said,CAM isn't the greatest...

Have you tried to put you system under load with the Kraken yet?

Really not sure than... like you said,CAM isn't the greatest...

Have you tried to put you system under load with the Kraken yet?

Ran furmark CPU Burner temps shot up 

To what?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

How hot? (like a number)

And since you said their is a gap between the rad and the case that you filled with  a fan, I wonder if their is space between you rad and fan that doesn't allow for enough static pressure to build up. 

How hot? (like a number)

And since you said their is a gap between the rad and the case that you filled with  a fan, I wonder if their is space between you rad and fan that doesn't allow for enough static pressure to build up. 

It went up to 59 before I stopped it. No I mean the rad just doesn't fit against the case so i have a fan against the case instead which does fit and then the rad is attached to the fan with all four screws completely tight. The only reason the rad doesnt fit is because PCI slots protrude from the rest of the panel and the rad is so tall that it hits it. Will two fans with two different amounts of static pressure affect performance? Will it be a downgrade? Thanks for the help 

It went up to 59 before I stopped it. No I mean the rad just doesn't fit against the case so i have a fan against the case instead which does fit and then the rad is attached to the fan with all four screws completely tight. The only reason the rad doesnt fit is because PCI slots protrude from the rest of the panel and the rad is so tall that it hits it. Will two fans with two different amounts of static pressure affect performance? Will it be a downgrade? Thanks for the help 

Sounds like you've got the radiator mounted in the rear 140mm position behind the CPU and above the top PCI-E slot. So do you have the fan exhausting air out the back or pulling air in from the back, and if the latter do you have clearance around your case to allow for adequate ventilation.

If you can, a picture would help us see how you've got this mounted. Also what thermal compound are you using for this?

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

sounds like the pump is DOA or its not mounted correctly. push pull is fine you'll get a small performance gain, if they are dis-similar  fans i'd put the higher performance fan on pull.

Sounds like you've got the radiator mounted in the rear 140mm position behind the CPU and above the top PCI-E slot. So do you have the fan exhausting air out the back or pulling air in from the back, and if the latter do you have clearance around your case to allow for adequate ventilation.

If you can, a picture would help us see how you've got this mounted. Also what thermal compound are you using for this?

Well I've tried both configurations. I will upload an image. I am using arctic silver. I got another water cooler to test the one believed to be faulty. The corsair H80i performs similarly, still in the wake of the hyper 212.. which doesn't seem right. 

UPDATE: 

Okay so I decided to put a different water cooler in there - this time the corsair h80i GT, and still noticed no difference in performance. It is a 120mm rad. I'm beginning to think it might just be the width of the rads that I'm using and my AMD processors TDP of 125 watts. Is that a high TDP? Maybe it's my case too.. I'll try putting it somewhere away from the chipset. 

Just looked at your profile to see what case you're using -- the Bitfenix Shinobi Window XL. I can see why you're using the rear 120mm mount position as well. Question: are you using the fan that came with the AIO, or the 120mm Bitfenix fan that came with the case?

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Just looked at your profile to see what case you're using -- the Bitfenix Shinobi Window XL. I can see why you're using the rear 120mm mount position as well. Question: are you using the fan that came with the AIO, or the 120mm Bitfenix fan that came with the case?

Answer: Those fans were crap they went straight to the fan bin. I am using one of the sp120s that came with it and a spectre pro pwm (love these fans super quiet with lots of pressure)

A fx 8350 (technically a 9590) and h100i p95 maxes out at 58 on core 63 on socket

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Alright so let me go over my installation process with a description of heat sources surrounding the rad. 

I add arctic silver 5 to heat spreader, about the size of a single green pea. 

I place water block on all screw down posts, trying to thread them simultaneously. 

I screw down water block going in a x formation, turning each screw about 1/2 turn, until they are tight (not movable) 

I place rad at back, which is right above the chipset (990fx easily radiates 70 degrees, too hot to touch) 

Pump and fans are controlled by the motherboard I hate corsair link. I am using fanxpert from asus and it is amazing. 

Tubes have no sharp bends or kinks.. 

Both rads had bad tempuratures. 

I'm abouto to go aircooling again.. 

Could it be my chipset? How about the case? 

Also I know it is mounted correctly because the liquid temp is a few degrees under the cpu temp.. 

It is definitely the rad for both coolers. 

Answer: Those fans were crap they went straight to the fan bin. I am using one of the sp120s that came with it and a spectre pro pwm (love these fans super quiet with lots of pressure)

From the troubles your having ti sounds like a mounting issue as others have said or a lack of mounting pressure which I'm not sure but Corsair should have address from the previous generation.

Also for fans if you are placing them in push pull you should always use the same fans when stacking in push pull. There may also be one other thing that can be contributing to your high temps which is the thermal compound your are using it takes 200hours to cure before reaching optimum cooling performance which is usually a max of 5C. 

What are your temps when you stress test for 10 mins?

From the troubles your having ti sounds like a mounting issue as others have said or a lack of mounting pressure which I'm not sure but Corsair should have address from the previous generation.

Also for fans if you are placing them in push pull you should always use the same fans when stacking in push pull. There may also be one other thing that can be contributing to your high temps which is the thermal compound your are using it takes 200hours to cure before reaching optimum cooling performance which is usually a max of 5C. 

What are your temps when you stress test for 10 mins?

I will take off the block and check the paste, however the curing time will have to restart. I don't understand how I can be mounting this incorrectly. My mounting pressure is as tight as it can go on all corners. 

Alright clearly I wadnt careful enough there was an extreme imbalance of thermal paste on the block. I will try again, being more careful.

post-190362-0-37135800-1432453210_thumb.

Oh my god! 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Oh my god! 

So I redid the paste, just turned on the pc, and am again watching temps go up it when from 36 to 39 so far so its better than normal.. Fresh paste too so we can subtract 5 degrees in 200 hours. Still kind of disappointed