ACX 2.0 cooler coming for Titan X

Will_Man_Dude

I was referring to board partners. Gigabyte, MSI, etc...

With gigabyte and msi they use custom pcb's on most of their high end cards. So it would take some RnD to make some of these coolers work on something on a Titan X, and they may just not see this as a market where the RnD would be put to good use.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

I was referring to board partners. Gigabyte, MSI, etc...

EVGA isn't allowed to either if you're looking at it from that point of view.

They aren't selling this on Titan X, they're selling it as a stand alone aftermarket cooling solution. 

And if Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Galax, etc wanted to sell their heatsink as a stand alone cooling solution, or bundle it with the Titan X, Nvidia probably wouldn't stop them.

It's the same thing Gigabyte did with the Titan black, where they included their Windforce heatsink in the box but you had to put it on yourself since Nvidia won't let them sell a Titan with a custom cooling solution already on it.

• Bundle with WINDFORCE 3X 600W Cooling system
  • Powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK GPU
  • Integrated with industry's best 6GB GDDR5 memory 384-bit memory interface
  • Features Dual-link DVI-I/ DVI-D / HDMI / DisplayPort
  • BASE:1006MHz / BOOST:1111 MHz
  • System power supply requirement: 600W

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

EVGA isn't allowed to either if you're looking at it from that point of view.

They aren't selling this on Titan X, they're selling it as a stand alone aftermarket cooling solution. 

And if Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Galax, etc wanted to sell their heatsink as a stand alone cooling solution, or bundle it with the Titan X, Nvidia probably wouldn't stop them.

It's the same thing Gigabyte did with the Titan black, where they included their Windforce heatsink in the box but you had to put it on yourself since Nvidia won't let them sell a Titan with a custom cooling solution already on it.

Why do Nvidia not allow 3rd parties to sell Titans with custom coolers?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Why do Nvidia not allow 3rd parties to sell Titans with custom coolers?

I mean we can make great guesses as to what the actual reasons are, but in the end we may never know.

Nvidia probably wants at least their big league card to have a visual cue, so people always know from looking at it that it's an Nvidia graphics card.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

FFS....can companies not come up with better looking coolers anymore?

Seriously, the current crop.... I could do better with a napkin, an engineer, and a 3d graphic designer.......at least as far as looks go.

Really? I thought this cooler actually looked quite nice. None of the edgy, overly colorful, 12 year old gamer crap that most coolers have. It seems like a nice minimalist design. Just out of curiosity, what dual fan open air cooler do you hold up as the gold standard for design?

Not just color, the design of the cooler could be made to look so much better.

I personally love ACX as its nicely understated, not like DCU2 and whatever MSI calls theirs. Or the enormous abomination that is WF3

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I still don't understand why Nvidia doesnt allow non reference cards for titans

- snip-

I knew how this was gonna look before I saw the picture. Another one of those companies with lazy designers. New design please EVGA  :rolleyes:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Seriously, the current crop.... I could do better with a napkin, an engineer, and a 3d graphic designer.......at least as far as looks go.

10114253733l.JPG

Idk why but my 980 sc acx2.0 runs kinda hot

70$ for an ACX?

At least offer the same AIO you do to the GTX 980, that's 100$ and much better performance.

Accelero over this any day of the week.

Sure you would, go ahead and do that, keep in mind thermal limits, fan noise, power consumption, and other things pro.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

70$ for an ACX?

At least offer the same AIO you do to the GTX 980, that's 100$ and much better performance.

Accelero over this any day of the week.

Correction: EK Waterblocks over this any day 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Once you actually see it with your own eyes and not through a computer screen you'll change your mind.

Plus, I don't think most people are going to be seeing the coolers from the fan side.

Once you actually see it with your own eyes and not through a computer screen you'll change your mind.

Plus, I don't think most people are going to be seeing the coolers from the fan side.

Yeah as long as you get a back plate that doesn't look to bad you will be mostly fine unless you have a funky inverted case.

I had a GTX 660 with that style of cooler on it, minus the glowing GEFORCE logo.

Was not impressed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I had a GTX 660 with that style of cooler on it, minus the glowing GEFORCE logo.

Was not impressed.

Trust me. Once you hold the new ACX card in your hand you'll change your mind.

I had the ACX "1.0" coolers on my 770's and I hated how they looked. ACX 2.0 is a big difference when you actually see it.

Trust me. Once you hold the new ACX card in your hand you'll change your mind.

I had the ACX "1.0" coolers on my 770's and I hated how they looked. ACX 2.0 is a big difference when you actually see it.

True, but I'll never actually have on in my hand so...meh. (broke as a joke lol)

Granted, it looks better than the butt ugly strix 970

True, but I'll never actually have on in my hand so...meh. (broke as a joke lol)

Granted, it looks better than the butt ugly strix 970

ye

Definitely not saying the ACX cooler looks the best, but it's not bad at all.

ye

Definitely not saying the ACX cooler looks the best, but it's not bad at all.

I just think it looks boring. Needs MOAR LED's with RGB functionality. Tired of companies going with the understated look.

I just think it looks boring. Needs MOAR LED's with RGB functionality. Tired of companies going with the understated look.

So it's not #yolo #sweg enough for ya? I guess that's why I like it so much, ha.

So it's not #yolo #sweg enough for ya? I guess that's why I like it so much, ha.

No, I don't want dorito's and mountain dew stickers all over it lol

I want it to look like a futuristic piece of tech that emits light as a result of it's normal operation. Preferably everything in my rig would appear to emit cherenkov radiation. I just like glowy things.

Not enough #MLG #NoScope #420BlazeIt. Can't get my trick shots on noobs on point with these non led, non top kek GPU coolers.

No, I don't want dorito's and mountain dew stickers all over it lol

I want it to look like a futuristic piece of tech that emits light as a result of it's normal operation. Preferably everything in my rig would appear to emit cherenkov radiation. I just like glowy things.

I mean if you wanted to you could put mountain dew and Doritos stickers on it.

I mean if you wanted to you could put mountain dew and Doritos stickers on it.

Someone should make that image, lool