AngryJoe vs. TotalBiscuit: which Youtube game reviewer do you like more?

Jackgamer91

I like TB for his in-depth analysis and optimization reports for PC but AngryJoe gets to the point quicker IMO. 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

I like TB for his in-depth analysis and optimization reports for PC but AngryJoe gets to the point quicker IMO. 

He gets to the point quicker and I like Joe better but Total Biscuit has a lot more content :P

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

TB. Much more informative, also, I can't take joe seriously when he promotes the stupid alienware.

TB is a lot more dependable with the content, yet he can be funny specially on the co-optional. Joe's always more entertaining and tries to makes everything funny, but that means he has a lot more misses on his jokes, plus he's a lot less reliable and consistent with his output.

-------

Current Rig

-------

TB

Damn i just realised that I've been subbed to him since the start of the cataclysm beta O.o

when he does any video with genna its almost a guaranteed laugh.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't really like either that much but definitely look at Total Biscuit videos more.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

TB, even tough I hate seeing no comments under his videos.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

TB, Joe has his merits, but TB is just the better person to watch if you want to know about PC ports, and gameplay mechanics.  And dat voice.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Hmmm. I like both but I watch Joe's videos more so I voted for Joe.

I agree with others that TB is more reliable and more in depth though.

there are tons reviewer who actually better doing it than both.

Joe only reviewing mostly consoles games and most of time only big hit list games.

as a gamer, he's bad at it, and sometimes I felt like he doesn't even know what he is doing.

however as gamer, his expressing the most logical point of view of average gamers in his reviews and that's what matters.

he address things that regular reviewer skip it, and when people notice that they've gone wild (like capcom did to their franchise)

TB, I don't really know what he actually do in his reviews. He mention view bit technical problems. Sometimes I felt like he just love to talk about it.

TotalBiscuit doesn't do reviews so this poll is useless.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I like both but prefer TB. TB goes more into the technical stuff and Joe goes more into the gameplay, so I usually watch both

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Used to watch both, but stuck to TB :)

First of all TB doesn't do reviews. His content is first impressions and basically telling us if a game actually works or not and what it's generally about. Joe does full on reviews where he plays through the game and analysis all it's elements and then explains what is good and what is bad about the game and the mechanics.

They are 2 different type of content and should be looked as such.

As for the personalities I enjoy TB-s cynical nature a bit more. And for me it took a bit to get use to Joes personality.

I like TotalBiscuit usually because its just 15-30 minutes of stream of consciousness commentary which I find to be more relatable.

I tend to stick to the Giant Bomb crew as my go-to for that reason although they cover console games as well.

Joe has some gold in his videos but I usually find them too long and drawn out. He gave the world that Metal Gear Rising dancing gif I love so much though.

They're both A ok in my book but apples to oranges ya know.

Angry Joe for me. I'm not that interested in the technical aspects until I know if a game seems like I'd like it or not. So AJ works for me, I get a review or a preview play (which often is quite entertaning), and if I'm concerned about the tech aspects, then I can turn to other (slightly more tech-oriented) sources such as TB.

Just my 0.02$.

Angry Joe all the way. Lately TB got so annoying to me that I went as far as unsubscribing from him. He is a pompous prick who thinks he knows all and that his opinion is definitive. He takes games too seriously, like it's fucking politics, and lately he delivers no good content at all. He just makes WTF is of crappy indie games that nobody cares about. I've had enough of him, even the content that does interest me I can get elsewhere. And yes, before everyone jumps on my throat saying "he had cancer" here's my answer: I couldn't care less. I'm glad he's not dead, from a human stand point, but as a consumer I don't give a shit. All he puts out are Hearthsone videos, Co-optional podcast (which should be renamed "The TotalBiscuit Show") and indie stuff for the most part. And then his constant crying over how rude people are to him over the internet... Well maybe if he wasn't such an asshole people wouldn't be. The last thing I'm going to say is that I just can't fathom his attitude sometimes. He always says "this is my job" and defends that point to no end, and then goes on to say things like "I won't review that game because I don't want to"... Again, showing that he doesn't care about his viewers, he only does what HE wants, not what I want. I'm the consumer, it's my needs he should be satisfying, not HIS.

So anyway, Gamespot's YT channel has become pretty good over the years and supply me with all the news and reviews I need. But my absolute favorite is VideoGamer.com's YT channel. They are funny and they take games for what they are: GAMES. A hobby, a passtime. Not to mention they actually give a shit about their community (unlike TB).

And I would add one more little thing. I think watching channels where a lot of people are together, like GS or VG, is a lot better imo because a lot of the time you don't only get one viewpoint and one opinion, but several. The other thing is that they can delegate certain genre games to certain people, so you don't get the "I hate these kind of games so I won't be able to do a proper assessment" crap that TB gives you. 

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Although I rarely watch TB other than the Co-optional podcasts, I'd much rather watch him over Joe.

Loud speaking and anger in general gets on my nerves, even if it's just for show.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I enjoy TB more since I find Joe's "cosplay" scenes in his videos quite annoying. I mean, listening to TB's voice for hours would be soothing, but the way Joe talks and imitates/impersonates others it just gives me headaches.

I love Joe though, when something is worth being pissed off about he is there to explain why you should be pissed off. I find him a lot more blunt than TB as well.

I guess Joe is mainly for controversial games for me.

*Edit, I just went to Joe's channel for the first time in like 5-6 months. My opinion of him is completely reversed now. He has almost no actual video game review videos. I can't believe how much his channel has turned into a movie impression/spoiler talk show and Let's Play channel.

This is very disappointing.

Angry Joe all the way. Lately TB got so annoying to me that I went as far as unsubscribing from him. He is a pompous prick who thinks he knows all and that his opinion is definitive. He takes games too seriously, like it's fucking politics, and lately he delivers no good content at all. He just makes WTF is of crappy indie games that nobody cares about. I've had enough of him, even the content that does interest me I can get elsewhere. And yes, before everyone jumps on my throat saying "he had cancer" here's my answer: I couldn't care less. I'm glad he's not dead, from a human stand point, but as a consumer I don't give a shit. All he puts out are Hearthsone videos, Co-optional podcast (which should be renamed "The TotalBiscuit Show") and indie stuff for the most part. And then his constant crying over how rude people are to him over the internet... Well maybe if he wasn't such an asshole people wouldn't be. The last thing I'm going to say is that I just can't fathom his attitude sometimes. He always says "this is my job" and defends that point to no end, and then goes on to say things like "I won't review that game because I don't want to"... Again, showing that he doesn't care about his viewers, he only does what HE wants, not what I want. I'm the consumer, it's my needs he should be satisfying, not HIS.

So anyway, Gamespot's YT channel has become pretty good over the years and supply me with all the news and reviews I need. But my absolute favorite is VideoGamer.com's YT channel. They are funny and they take games for what they are: GAMES. A hobby, a passtime. Not to mention they actually give a shit about their community (unlike TB).

And I would add one more little thing. I think watching channels where a lot of people are together, like GS or VG, is a lot better imo because a lot of the time you don't only get one viewpoint and one opinion, but several. The other thing is that they can delegate certain genre games to certain people, so you don't get the "I hate these kind of games so I won't be able to do a proper assessment" crap that TB gives you.

It seems highly pompous to suggest that he needs to do what you want. He can do whatever he wants. He's been doing that for a while and has been very successful. Thats the great part about producing content, he can make any content he wants. Also, I've never heard of TB whining. In fact, he's been one of the biggest advocates for people to toughen up.

I really suggest you watch his Post-Surgery Q&A and his My Big Solution videos, he explains why he can't do videos and how much of a backlog of games he needs to review.

And in case you're not interested in watching those two videos I'll summarize for you.

In his "My Big Solution" video at https://youtu.be/1G_qSDUHQ_s?t=3m19s he explains that his hands and feet are developing neuropathy caused by the chemotherapy, which means his fingers have nerve damage and he can't play video games at long intervals because of the immense pain that it causes him. So the only games he can actually play are Indie games because he can't sit at his desk for hours on end playing shooters and RPG's right now. The neuropathy can last around a year before it goes away.

In his "Post-Surgery Q&A" video at https://youtu.be/TpMFEFijl0c?t=18m15s he shows a list of 115 games that is on his current review list that he wants to put a video out for and it only keeps growing because of his neuropathy.

I understand your frustration with the lack of content you want that TB isn't producing, I am too, but you have no idea whatsoever of what you're talking about. Imagine if you'd have neuropathy, your hands and feet, after some use, feel as if they are on literal fire and/or being stabbed repeatedly. The fact that he is even putting out Indie videos is surprising to me.

Both are equally annoying to me :P  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It seems highly pompous to suggest that he needs to do what you want. He can do whatever he wants. He's been doing that for a while and has been very successful. Thats the great part about producing content, he can make any content he wants. Also, I've never heard of TB whining. In fact, he's been one of the biggest advocates for people to toughen up.

Pompous? Mate, you've got it backwards. This is not a charity. I'm not here to serve him, it's the other way around. If he doesn't produce content that I want then I'm not going to watch him. It's that simple.

I understand your frustration with the lack of content you want that TB isn't producing, I am too, but you have no idea whatsoever of what you're talking about. Imagine if you'd have neuropathy, your hands and feet, after some use, feel as if they are on literal fire and/or being stabbed repeatedly. The fact that he is even putting out Indie videos is surprising to me.

It's not just about the lack of content, it's also about the fact that the content that he does produce is not up to standards and that are about things that I don't give two shits about, or information that I can get from other sources faster and better. Even his new Wolfenstein video was dreadful. Doesn't make good arguments, he's incoherent and just a mess. He's no better than any old random youtube reviewer. And again, this is no charity case. Just because he's sick doesn't mean I have to watch and excuse his crap. And the crazy thing is it didn't teach any humility to him. Anyway, I know I'm wasting my breath here. Bottom line is that I don't like him, I hate his personality, I always did, but at least back then he made good videos.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Pompous? Mate, you've got it backwards. This is not a charity. I'm not here to serve him, it's the other way around. If he doesn't produce content that I want then I'm not going to watch him. It's that simple.

It's not just about the lack of content, it's also about the fact that the content that he does produce is not up to standards and that are about things that I don't give two shits about, or information that I can get from other sources faster and better. Even his new Wolfenstein video was dreadful. Doesn't make good arguments, he's incoherent and just a mess. He's no better than any old random youtube reviewer. And again, this is no charity case. Just because he's sick doesn't mean I have to watch and excuse his crap. And the crazy thing is it didn't teach any humility to him. Anyway, I know I'm wasting my breath here. Bottom line is that I don't like him, I hate his personality, I always did, but at least back then he made good videos.

He's not here to serve you either. I was more looking for the word entitled. You're not entitled to content. He can make whatever content he likes. I could say the same thing for joe. I don't like the content he produces, but I'm not entitled to content.