"Nvidia Disappointed that Witcher, Cars "Tainted by False Allegations""

MegaDave91

I have a 280x too.

Ah cool.

.ini config files.

That's only the anti aliasing setting of HairWorks, not the tessellation multiplier. Unless they change that in their upcoming patch of course.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Maybe I just missed something, but is there anything other than pride preventing AMD from getting a license from Nvidia for gameworks to work on better driver support?

Maybe I just missed something, but is there anything other than pride preventing AMD from licensing gameworks to work on better driver support?

You mean Nvidia. Right?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Nvidia still hasn't admitted to telling lies over the GTX 970 3.5 GB of proper ram situation so why should anyone trust them when they say things?  

... and this is coming from someone that pushed Green Team so hard for years on consumers that I got banned on NCIX message boards over it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You mean Nvidia. Right?

No I mean why doesn't AMD just get a license from NVidia? I'll edit my previous post to make it more clear.

No I mean why doesn't AMD just get a license from NVidia? I'll edit my previous post to make it more clear.

I doubt its as simple as that. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I doubt its as simple as that. 

I don't think I've seen AMD say that NVidia wont let them obtain a license, so I doubt they've tried to.

I don't think I've seen AMD say that NVidia wont let them obtain a license, so I doubt they've tried to.

I don't think this issue is being declined a licence for the source code; AMD likely wouldn't want to stoop (in their eyes) and purchase from a direct competitor.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Then there would be no point to all this gameworks and gaming evolved titles that both AMD and Nvidia have been trying to push through 

the years. 

Maybe I just missed something, but is there anything other than pride preventing AMD from getting a license from Nvidia for gameworks to work on better driver support?

This. I would of purchased the license and after optimizing showed what it took and why; nvidia being a dick.

at least then AMD consumers wouldn't feel like shit. but then again, I'm just a village idiot..

So in short, both CDPR and Nvidia have nicely told AMD to go fuck themselves and solve their own problems instead of blaming everyone else. 

They're 100% correct. Perhaps AMD should hire some more 20 year old engineers (thats all they can afford at any rate) and actually get to work on not only optimizing drivers for games on a game to game basis but actually approaching developers to get more involved in the process so their cards can benefit from more optimizations. 

Or we can keep defending AMDs mediocrity. That works too. Lets give our support to a group of mouthpieces led by the fanboy Huddy who talk more shit than their products and services give them any right to. 

i thought many of the people working at amd also worked at nvidia

i thought many of the people working at amd also worked at nvidia

They all swap jobs frequently, the CEO of Nvidia used to design processors for AMD.

The following is my projection/opinion based on first hand experience in other industries:

They all know what's going on make no mistake, remember that old saying "know your enemy"  well that applies as much in the business as it does anywhere else.  AMD already know all there is to know about gameworks, just like Nvidia know everything they need to know about AMD products. They buy them off the shelf and reverse engineer them.

Make no mistake, AMD would only need to obtain a license so they could legally use the code, How else would they know how to overcome "unknown code specific" issues in a basic driver update.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.