Alphacool Monsta or UT60 Radiator?

Go to solution Solved by Lays,

The bigger one because it's bigger and provides more cooling

With extremely high RPM and loud fans yes, but with slower RPM fans the 60mm will perform better.

These are courtesy of @VSG hopefully it's OK to use them, they're from his website "thermalbench.com"

The Phobya rad is essentially a copy and rebrand of the UT60 by the way, so use that as the reference point.

hXyQU.png

hXyRq.png

Hey guys!

Should I install the Alphacool UT60 480mm radiator (60mm) or the Alphacool Monsta 480mm radiator (80mm) in the bottom of the Phanteks enthoo primo? I plan to use th upper hard-drive cage, so it shouldn't interfer with that!

Also the thickness wouldn't make problems with air flow restriction due to the fact I will be using NF-F12 in push!

The price difference is about 15€ (UT60: 109€, Monsta 125€)

Please tell me which one I should use!

blubb

Hey guys!

Should I install the Alphacool UT60 480mm radiator (60mm) or the Alphacool Monsta 480mm radiator (80mm) in the bottom of the Phanteks enthoo primo? I plan to use th upper hard-drive cage, so it shouldn't interfer with that!

Also the thickness wouldn't make problems with air flow restriction due to the fact I will be using NF-F12 in push!

For the thicker rads they are more effective at cooling during higher RPM's, but using the thicker monsta rad will increase surface area slightly for cooling.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

For the thicker rads they are more effective at cooling during higher RPM's, but using the thicker monsta rad will increase surface area slightly for cooling.

Do you guys know if it will interfer with the upper hardrive cage in the phanteks enthoo pro when i mount it on the floor? (That means I'm going to remove the bottom HDD-cage)

blubb

Do you guys know if it will interfer with the upper hardrive cage in the phanteks enthoo pro when i mount it on the floor? (That means I'm going to remove the bottom HDD-cage)

I don't have a measurement so I wouldn't know unfortunately, just be sure to add an extra 25mm for the fan thickness.

With extremely high RPM and loud fans yes, but with slower RPM fans the 60mm will perform better.

These are courtesy of @VSG hopefully it's OK to use them, they're from his website "thermalbench.com"

The Phobya rad is essentially a copy and rebrand of the UT60 by the way, so use that as the reference point.

hXyQU.png

hXyRq.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

-SNIP-

I'm pretty sure @VSG won't mind.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I'm pretty sure @VSG won't mind.

I'm pretty decent friends with him so I figured he won't, but I always ask anyways.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Hey guys!

Given that you want to use NF-F12, which is a mid speed fan, so would I recommend Black Ice 480GTX instead.

Yes, it might be just 1-2 degrees, but its optimiced for scaling, meaning that its performence is better when you use variable speed fans (8 degree difference between 600 and 1800 RPM).

The monsta has much bigger jumps (almost 6 degrees difference between 1200 and 1500 RPM, which matters a lot when thats the ballpark your fan is in).

Given that you want to use NF-F12, which is a mid speed fan, so would I recommend Black Ice 480GTX instead.

Yes, it might be just 1-2 degrees, but its optimiced for scaling, meaning that its performence is better when you use variable speed fans (8 degree difference between 600 and 1800 RPM).

The monsta has much bigger jumps (almost 6 degrees difference between 1200 and 1500 RPM, which matters a lot when thats the ballpark your fan is in).

Yeah the Black Ice 480GTX was my choice too ...

For some reason it isn't available ANYWHERE in my country :/

blubb

I personally would use the UT60. You really reach a point of diminishing returns above that and you need to run your fans at higher speeds which will increase noise. Also there is always the possibility of a huge headache when your dealing with really thick Radiators.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT