Witcher 3 Graphical downgrade. (POLL)

Aleks

Is anybody here actually upset about this? The game is still so beautiful I don't totally understand why people are making this out to be such a terrible thing.

We were promised something else and they pulled a Watch Dogs on us!
I'm pissed!

nah, but I am mildly annoyed by it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am not, but then again I'm running Nvidia cards. I don't think this was a mistake made on purpose.

The game is my favorite game of the year, I'm having an awesome time being deprived of all sleep, beautiful in every aspect, I can't wait for the upcoming patch.

Agreed. The game is gorgeous looking at least at 4K.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm not upset, but then again I'm no longer inclined to buy/play it.

I mean I was never hugely drawn towards the witcher series in the first place, however with how the graphics looked in 2013 I figured I'd give it a chance anyway.

Now.......no incentive to go for it.

It still looks good, it just doesn't look amazing.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The reason why people are mad is because game companies are starting to get really damn lazy. They want everything to be " Balanced " however that shouldn't matter if you pushed the hardware to its limits and its not up to snuff then don't downgrade everyone else who has more powerful equipment.

We are in a world were nothing is balanced the first thing people should know that these next-gen consoles are not " Next-gen " just a minor upgrade, if they really want to make a console more powerful they should make them kinda PC's but with parts that can be swapped out for more powerful parts kinda like Project Aria.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Is anybody here actually upset about this? The game is still so beautiful I don't totally understand why people are making this out to be such a terrible thing.

I haven't played it yet. I heard there is a patch for improving graphics coming this week, actually I think it's already out. Even if they downgraded graphics, isn't there a way to upgrade them back using max tweaks on the ini file? I don't think there will be a huge difference, but that's what I'd do...hopefully FPS don't go to 20s with just one 980 on the complete max (with just 2xMSAA) at 1440p. Anybody tried it yet?

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Trailers ran at 4k resolution so it's not a downgrade really,  I got close to that quality with 970 at 1080p with simple reshade + sweet fx mod. I don't get what the all fuss is about. Game is amazing. 

I haven't played it yet. I heard there is a patch for improving graphics coming this week, actually I think it's already out. Even if they downgraded graphics, isn't there a way to upgrade them back using max tweaks on the ini file? I don't think there will be a huge difference, but that's what I'd do...hopefully FPS don't go to 20s with just one 980 on the complete max (with just 2xMSAA) at 1440p. Anybody tried it yet?

Yeah I have, but I'm rolling 1440p in 21:9, so fps was a bit lower than most others I've seen post about it, but not as low as the 20's. Patch came out today and it seems that they will continue to patch in the near future, both to optimize performance, but also allowing for the extreme rigs to make fuller use of it. I read something along those lines at Eurogamer. Here's the actual link. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-19-cd-projekt-red-tackles-the-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

Edit: I voted no, I like the game a lot and I think it'll only get better as they continue to patch. I've missed playing something like this ever since Skyrim on the PS3.

Edit 2: I'm hovering around 40 fps with everything cranked to max. Turn off HairWorks, gain about 8-10 fps... So with turning some things down a bit, I get 60 or thereabouts most of the time.

The only thing that bothers me is the low view distance. Other than that the game looks excellent in my opinion.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I'm not that angry, it still looks amazing.  Sure it COULD have looked better if they decided not to be so ambitious and keep it more like the Witcher 2 style of gameplay, but they wanted the consoles so...

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

It does, but I still think it's a damn beautiful game. I'd have prefered that they delayed the PC version like Rockstar did with GTA and give us later down the road a perfect version.

Nevertheless I played like ten hours so far and there were a lot of moments where I just stood there and enjoyed the beauty of the game. Therefor I don't understand all the drama. They delivered a great product with a gread business model and do not deserve all this shit.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

It still looks really good to me. And the faces and helmets look absolutely stunning during the close-up cutscenes. Geralts scars and his beard are the best looking face meshes I've ever seen.

Yeah I have, but I'm rolling 1440p in 21:9, so fps was a bit lower than most others I've seen post about it, but not as low as the 20's. Patch came out today and it seems that they will continue to patch in the near future, both to optimize performance, but also allowing for the extreme rigs to make fuller use of it. I read something along those lines at Eurogamer. Here's the actual link. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-19-cd-projekt-red-tackles-the-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

Edit: I voted no, I like the game a lot and I think it'll only get better as they continue to patch. I've missed playing something like this ever since Skyrim on the PS3.

Edit 2: I'm hovering around 40 fps with everything cranked to max. Turn off HairWorks, gain about 8-10 fps... So with turning some things down a bit, I get 60 or thereabouts most of the time.

Ok so it can basically look as good as the first trailer later on just by me tweaking it and by them patching it. I just wanna get the full use of my gtx 980 at 2560x1440p while at the same time looks much better than a console version. Afterall, a PS4 would cost $400 and a 980+i7 would be ~$1000.

The other thing is, 60FPS isn't going to be achievable if looking for the best quality, which I am, unless sticking another 980 in there. However, in my opinion, going SLI is not worth going before Pascal+DX12 come into play. Then we can expect 90+% scaling...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Trailers ran at 4k resolution so it's not a downgrade really,  I got close to that quality with 970 at 1080p with simple reshade + sweet fx mod. I don't get what the all fuss is about. Game is amazing. 

compared to the 2013 gameplay trailer..there is a downgrade.

It still looks nice but there was still a downgrade.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be working on a normal computer (single 980) if they integrated all the planned features in an open world (afaik CDPR said the initial trailer featured parts that weren't connected yet).

Also, PC gamers are never happy with anything. If the game was using four-way Titan X SLI for 1080p and looked amazing everyone would bitch about it how unoptimized it was, if it runs good on a 980/970 and looked okay everyone bitches about how the game was downgraded because of console peasants and all those annoying sayings.

144Hz goodness

the witcher 3 was showcased on 3 Titans. not sure if they were z's or x's but nine the less you can't expect similar performance with out the same hardware

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

people are complaining they can't get good performance and also upset about graphics? you can't have it both ways. the game looks great and performs as a AAA title should and is modable! the graphics will look worse than showed in demo, it's a demo! they haven't finished the game, the open world or the sort. they delivered the game with the features they said they would so why are people upset?

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

Most people are not upset about the downgrade, what are they upset about is to the fact that they were lied to, saying that there was no graphics downgrade.

The graphical downgrade is obvious, they don't had to lie and say there was never a downgrade for the graphics.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

The people upset do not understand that this has always happened lol. That was in 2013, games never really look the same as they did when they first show them. I was also reading journalist seeing the game being played in 2013 and it ran and stuttered really badly. They made it look nice and run  well. 

2 970's cannot get under the cap. Everything at Max.