found my old ipod touch 4g

Prokart2000

hi i just found it out but i cant get any apps as they are all 7.0 or above, is there a way i can get them onto my ipod, v6.1.6?

thanks prokart2000

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Welcome to Apple products :)

Welcome to Apple products :)

anyway at all?

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

hi i just found it out but i cant get any apps as they are all 7.0 or above, is there a way i can get them onto my ipod, v6.1.6?

thanks prokart2000

That's Apple for ya..

With Android, the updating stops pretty quick, but with Apple/iOS you just can't get any apps anymore.

Maybe you can jailbreak it or whatever, but I don't think that will help a lot..

It's basically a glorified mp3 player now.. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Probably not.

Even if you can, they wouldn't be very good / laggy :o

That's Apple for ya..

With Android, the updating stops pretty quick, but with Apple/iOS you just can't get any apps anymore.

Maybe you can jailbreak it or whatever, but I don't think that will help a lot..

It's basically a glorified mp3 player now.. 

Probably not.

Even if you can, they wouldn't be very good / laggy :o

hmm damn, might be able to get a iphone 5 for cheap soon

Spoiler

No chance. I once tried installing a modified iOS6 on my ipod touch 3G - don't know what the project was called anymore, and can't seem to find it, unfortunately. The only thing I, remember was that it wasn't simple, required a fair bit of mucking around and, for me, didn't work.

It's really too bad. I can't even install basic apps on the thing anymore. The only Apps I have are ones I installed back in the day, and I don't even get updates for them anymore.

Meanwhile, I can install pretty much everything on my old phone with android 2.2...

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

You could try looking for older .ipa (the ones compatible with your iOS version) of the apps you want to download. 

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow: